Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Helen

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stardad, if you want me to collimate your scope and show you the steps to go through I'll be more than happy to oblige :D

Matt.

Thank you very much.

I'I just have to remember to pack the scope instead of throwing it in the bin.

Hi Guys!

Wish we could be there this year! We reluctantly decided we have too much else going on to get there. Believe us - we'd rather be there than where we are now!

Greetings to all of you - old buddies and newcomers alike.

We're determined to get to Salisbury later in the year, so hope to see you all there.

Marion and Dana

PS RobH - PM sent.

I'm all packed up and ready to set off in the next half hour. The rain has actually eased off for a while - a good sign or a false hope? A bout of sciatica has made me decide to leave my 10" dob at home and just bring the 4SE, but, hey, that leaves more room in the van for beer.

Allan

Latest from the Mess Office - for the MDStuart v The Met Office comp...

West Midlands from the MET Office Invent website...

Headline:

Rain overnight. Drier and brighter on Thursday.

This Evening and Tonight:

After a largely dry evening, cloud will increase to bring persistent, sometimes heavy rain through the latter part of the night. Rather warm, although with strengthening southwesterly winds. Minimum Temperature 8 C.

Thursday:

Cloudy with some light rain at first, but it should brighten up during the afternoon, with just a few showers. Warm in brighter spells, although with strong southwesterly winds. Maximum Temperature 17 C.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

A damp start to Friday, although becoming reasonably bright and warm later in the day. Sunny spells with showers possible on Saturday, with a chance of some heavier showers Sunday.

UK Outlook for Monday 4 Apr 2011 to Wednesday 13 Apr 2011:

The unsettled weather is likely to continue into the first week in northern and western parts of the country, where rain may be heavy and persistent at times, and accompanied by strong to gale force winds. Drier further south and east, although breezy, with only patchy rain spreading from the north at times. Through the following week, further spells of wind and rain are expected across the northwest of the country. Meanwhile, the south and east should become more reliably dry and settled, with winds tending to ease, as high pressure is expected build. Temperatures generally a little above normal in most places, but may become warm or very warm in the south and east later.

We had a brightish afternoon but the clouds are pouring back towards South West Wales already... and moving fairly quickly (your way looking at the Sat loops) ... high cloud in front of the thicker stuff... B)

The cloud front took 2 hours to cross the width of Southern Ireland so your probably ok for the next 3-4 hours :)

Archived