Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Helen

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Have a good journey down. See you Friday evening.

See yaz all tomorrow chaps.. sans my drinking buddy, who is poorly, but we'll drink for her anyway :-)

only six?

I know! Shocking eh!

There must be someone amongst our ranks who can beat that....or we shall have fun trying.....

Stardad, if you want me to collimate your scope and show you the steps to go through I'll be more than happy to oblige :D

Matt.

Thank you very much.

I'I just have to remember to pack the scope instead of throwing it in the bin.

Kev,

Kevin (Beyondvision) is on pitch 7, could be there. Or the Tea tent is on pitch

11...they could be hiding there.

Russ

Edited by russ

Hi Guys!

Wish we could be there this year! We reluctantly decided we have too much else going on to get there. Believe us - we'd rather be there than where we are now!

Greetings to all of you - old buddies and newcomers alike.

We're determined to get to Salisbury later in the year, so hope to see you all there.

Marion and Dana

PS RobH - PM sent.

I'm all packed up and ready to set off in the next half hour. The rain has actually eased off for a while - a good sign or a false hope? A bout of sciatica has made me decide to leave my 10" dob at home and just bring the 4SE, but, hey, that leaves more room in the van for beer.

Allan

checking the rainfall radar there should short dry spell followed by more of the wet stuff them clearing around 1pm...

Peter...

Edited by Psychobilly

Just waiting for the rain to ease off here in Somerset so I can start loading the car.

Hope to be there around 5 and looking forward to meeting you all. :D

I'll be setting off around 10.30am tomorrow so I miss the traffic this end, should arrive 2pmish :D

Weathers not looking to bad after today camping-wise but not looking good for observing.

Hereford weather forecast - Met Office

Edited by George

Bottle openers/fridge magnets made up at great expense for SGL6:

IMG00052-20110330-1312.jpg

Regards

Chris

Very nice Chris :)

You might want to glue some cotton wool over the starry sky for realism though :D

(though I'm sure it will clear up soon :))

Very good John, I will see what I can do!!

Regards

Chris

Looking good here too (I'm 65miles SW of the site). Looking forward to tomorrow now.

I'll bet we get a cracking night tonight - now my stuff is all packed :)

Latest from the Mess Office - for the MDStuart v The Met Office comp...

West Midlands from the MET Office Invent website...

Headline:

Rain overnight. Drier and brighter on Thursday.

This Evening and Tonight:

After a largely dry evening, cloud will increase to bring persistent, sometimes heavy rain through the latter part of the night. Rather warm, although with strengthening southwesterly winds. Minimum Temperature 8 C.

Thursday:

Cloudy with some light rain at first, but it should brighten up during the afternoon, with just a few showers. Warm in brighter spells, although with strong southwesterly winds. Maximum Temperature 17 C.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

A damp start to Friday, although becoming reasonably bright and warm later in the day. Sunny spells with showers possible on Saturday, with a chance of some heavier showers Sunday.

UK Outlook for Monday 4 Apr 2011 to Wednesday 13 Apr 2011:

The unsettled weather is likely to continue into the first week in northern and western parts of the country, where rain may be heavy and persistent at times, and accompanied by strong to gale force winds. Drier further south and east, although breezy, with only patchy rain spreading from the north at times. Through the following week, further spells of wind and rain are expected across the northwest of the country. Meanwhile, the south and east should become more reliably dry and settled, with winds tending to ease, as high pressure is expected build. Temperatures generally a little above normal in most places, but may become warm or very warm in the south and east later.

Edited by Psychobilly

I can advise you that currently the Sun is shining over Lucksall so hopefully we might get a clear period this evening.

Mark

We had a brightish afternoon but the clouds are pouring back towards South West Wales already... and moving fairly quickly (your way looking at the Sat loops) ... high cloud in front of the thicker stuff... B)

The cloud front took 2 hours to cross the width of Southern Ireland so your probably ok for the next 3-4 hours :)

Edited by Psychobilly

Yup the rain is just showing up west of Cornwall to blow through overnight.