Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Helen

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's bound to be clear as we didn't get away to be there tonight....and it's clear over here too. (wilts not Bristol)

Will be up and at it tomorrow and should be with you around 11ish I reckon.

If anyone at SGL6 can read this thread or is there today can they let Helen or who ever's on the welcome tent know that I've got to take a sick child to the doctors today! Looks like we're going to be late if we even make it today.

Very disappointed.

Right, that's the wife and kids packed off to school and work (school)...2 hours to pack all the gear before my sister turns up to give me a lift to Lucksall.

Could someone give me a few pointers to collimating my Skymax? My star test pattern is not quite concentric, but I I am not sure which screws I need to adjust.

Edit: I'll be bringing some Jaffa Cakes and a big packet of chocolate chip cookies for the tea tent.

If anyone at SGL6 can read this thread or is there today can they let Helen or who ever's on the welcome tent know that I've got to take a sick child to the doctors today! Looks like we're going to be late if we even make it today.

Very disappointed.

Will do... :)

Sorry to hear that. Hope that your childs ok and that you can still make it!

Ant

Very disappointed.

Hope everything's okay and you manage to make it later.

I've put my back out. I put off coming until today thinking it would be better but I'm still shuffling around. So if places are tight someone else can have my pitch. And I booked evening meals tonight and tomorrow night so someone can have those too (if you like curry!).

M42 from tonight (thursday)... png version of this in the DSO section. jpg suffers a little in the star seperation.

20x 15 second. ATIK 16ic imaging through 105 SDP.

nice one, more than I got, after aligning the DSLR connection went screwy lol

Blah!!! all the doubters about the weather! I got a full 30mins in 10 minutes subs of the Rosette Nebula! Would ahve had more but I didn't set the scope up so it was a mad rush once we saw the skies where clear....Oh and BBC has given clear skies for evening....so there :)

post-17960-133877555689_thumb.jpg

I arrived yesterday lunchtime.

Managed to grab around an hour of good observing just after dark with Daz and I touring the Auriga clusters with my 6" Intes mak-newt. Also got a lovely view of M81 and M82 with some nice structure showing in the latter.

My pitch is right next to PhilJ's with his wonderful 4" F/15 Fullerscopes refractor on it - my bet is that it will be the most photographed scope at the event !.

So its Marks forecast 1 Metcheck and BBC 0

Warm air and clearing skies now flowing ready for my arrival later this afternoon with my boys.

Then a bit of rain early on Saturday but temps then in to the mid teens and a clear night on Saturday night.

Whoo hoo!!!

I have the massive 76mm scope on a trailer to bring to the site as promised.

Free basic camera tripod and a year of sky at night magazines if anyone wants them. Pick up from me as I struggle to put up my tent with the boys help..

Mark

Archived