Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SGL6 - Chat Thread

Helen

Very nice image Mike. Here's hoping we get a few more holes in the cloud today, it is meant to cheer up a lot this afternoon.

Caravan almost loaded, decided not to take the 200P.

Heading onto the roads about 3pm. Should see you all at about 4.

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Daily weather update

As expected sunny spells should now be coming through for solar observing..No volcanic ash this year just a few radioactive iodine molecules..

Another system tonight brings rain and wind so no viewing other than for the radio astronomers.

As expected Friday is very mild with a SW wind up from the azores. Unfortunately this is likely to be full of cloud but breaks are possible.

Cold front through early Saturday then clear conditions with patchy cloud through the rest of the weekend. Some showers Sunday and a clear evening on Sunday..

See you all Friday around 6pm ish with my boys...now when was dinner planned for Friday night...not before 6 I hope..

Mark

Could you move the RV to the left a bit I can't see Polaris to get an alignment :)

I have some left, pitch 47. Can't miss it.. has the winbreak/shelter combo that looks like it's about to take off with the wind.

I've only just managed to get away from work and have yet to sort out and pack car.

What time is it getting dark up there at the moment?

I have food booked for tonight buy it's probably going to be 7 by the time we get there and then we have to pitch tent.

Am thinking about just heading up tmrw morning.

Then I can sort stuff tonight relax and be a little more chilled tmrw.

Does anyone want dinner for two?

Can't recall if it was curry or chilli but one chips one rice. All FOC.

Let me know if interested and I'll confirm in next hour if we are postponing.

Gutted cos it's my birthday today an now I feel rubbish.... :)

Michael

Raining at 3-10mm per hour out west ... we have had a few hours of light drizzle which has turned to light rain with periods of pretty heavy rain in there as well ...

Hopefully the Breacon Beacons and the Eastern Black Mountains will drop a load of it out before it gets to you...

Just stopped raining so just left with the clouds again...

Peter...

Car's packed, staying overnight at Lu's, will be there around noon, possibly before. Lu will be along after work.

Forecast isn't looking good for clear nights Friday and Saturday at the moment but that may change hopefully. If you're staying Sunday night, forecast is clear. See you all tomorrow :)

Archived