Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Wiltshire

Pitbull

Well complete novice here, have the BEEB to thank for stirring an interest :D

Just ordered my starter telescope and look forward to some rapid learning and cold nights in the garden. Combining this with my hobby for weather (have a Davis weather station) and photography.

Get ready for all the silly newbie questions :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Pitbull.

Welcome to SGL.

What scope are you getting?

Are you going to be our resident weatherman. :) We could do with some accurate forecasting for a change.

No questions you're going to be asking are silly, we all have to go though this process to learn.

Have fun.

Dave...

Hi Pitbull.

Welcome to SGL.

What scope are you getting?

Are you going to be our resident weatherman. :) We could do with some accurate forecasting for a change.

No questions you're going to be asking are silly, we all have to go though this process to learn.

Have fun.

Dave...

After much searching and a small budget I plumped for the Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-130M 130mm (5.1") f/900 Newtonian reflector kit complete with RA Drive motor as a starter kit to see how I get on.

Hi

I'm new too, where are you in Wiltshire, I'm on the Wiltshire Hampshire border, Found a few clubs and societies around here

Good luck

Hi I am in Collingbourne Ducis, 10 miles from Andover.

Archived