Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where are we all?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to sound like a kill joy but I wouldn't put exactly where you live on the map just in case certain types of people visit you when your at a stargazing party or on holiday etc.

I just put the pin in the general area.

You're not a killjoy at all. I know of three Amateurs whose homes and/or observatories have been burglarized while they were away at star parties or whatever. One of them was hit three times in as many months, so please be careful, everyone. It's wonderful to socialize online but keep your cards close to your chest, ok? :)

Totally agree - hence my suggestion right at the start!!!

As this map is public - again please be a little vague when entering your location - don't want people nicking your kit because they knew where you lived from this map.

Up to 268 markers now. :)

ant

I've added mine first time but it came up with the first part of the post code about 2 miles away so not too close.

Where's everyone else in south Hertforshire? It feels very lonely

Pip

When I added my marker, I put in the first part of my postcode and the pin popped up dead centre of the local sewerage treatment works. I thought it best to move the pin into the orchard down the road a ways, much nicer location :)

Rik

Archived