Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skysunlimited

womblemaster

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Initially given a heads up on some really good planetary eyepieces from this Ebay seller by Russ. So far have had two separate transactions with Alan at Skys The Limit and have been thoroughly impressed with the friendly quick replies to email queries and even quicker dispatch. Goods arrived pretty much return of post in excellent condition. Alan has some excellent stuff for sale so if youre after some decent accessories at really competetive prices go take a look, I promise you its very much worth it. Certainly restored my faith in Ebay! :)

Sky's the Limit Astro and Optical items - Get great deals on items on eBay.co.uk Shops!

• 2 months later...

Just purchased four new eyepieces from Alan at Sky's the Limit. 5mm, 8mm and 18mm ED BST Explorer and a 3.2mm TMB clone.

Absolutely fantastic service from Alan, he put up with extensive emails sent by me asking all kinds of questions and gave me the advice and info I needed to make a decision.

The items arrived within 24 hours of me making payment and they look amazing. Going to have a play with them this week and see how they perform.

I highly recommend Alan and Sky's the Limit.

Sky's the Limit

Just got back from a road trip of civil war battlefields in Pennsylvania, USA. While travelling I noticed from my Google 'Telescope Maps' map that I was going to be close to Skies Unlimited in Pottstown. I made the essential detour to visit the shop.

The shop is located in an outdoor shopping plaza. Its about the same size as OpticStar in Manchester. The shop had a good display of telescopes of all types, accessories and books. Most of the accessories were Meade, Celestron or TeleVue. They also had a good selection of second hand equipment. I spoke with the shop manager, Ted Mentzer, who was very helpful and descibed his interests as mainly visual. This is reflected in the equipment in the shop, which is biased to visual astronomy. However, they supply all the usual photographic stuff to order.

I had a good look round, and of course had to buy something. I was particularly interested in a book 'Photoshop Astronomy 2ed' which is hard to get in the UK. So I got that for $39 (including a CD). But the main item of interest was on the second hand table, a mint Televue Nagler (11mm, type 6). This was just what I was looking for, and at $190 (£125 !) I grabbed it. Ted showed me the difference between it and a radian on a demo scope, the field of view is astounding! Just have to wait for a clear night now to try it out.

I asked if they shipped internationally from their website, especially the hard to obtain books, but they don't at the moment. They were worried about international CC fraud. I said a lot of people in the UK would be interested in importing, so they said they would consider it again. However, their contracts with Meade and Celestron would prevent them shipping their products overseas.

So, if your're ever in the area, its worth making a special trip to this shop.

(If anyone is interested in 'Photoshop Astronomy', PM me and I will try to send a copy of the contents page so you can see what it covers)

post-16060-133877479786_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have been looking for a Burgess TMB 9mm planetary for a while now. Bought one off this guy on e-bay, good price, great service.

It was posted first class the morning after I paid for it and was exactly as described on the web site. I will be buying from him again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I thought I would write my experiences with The Sky's The Limit (TSTL) and especially with Alan in particular.

I have a a few orders with him, the details are below with an overview at the bottom.

Order 1.

6mm TMB planetary eyepiece - £38.00 incl P&P.

Ordered: Unsure of the date, but it took 2 days to arrive!

I also got a little package of sweeties in with my order. Alan asked me to let him know when it was there and I did. A few weeks later he asked to see if I had an problems with the eyepiece or the service, which I definately didn't.

Order 2.

2.5mm TMB planetary eyepiece - £38.00 incl P&P

8mm ED eyepiece - £38.00 incl P&P

25mm ED eyepiece - £38.00 P&P

Ordered: Again unsure of the dates, but it took 2 days again to arrive!

Another little package os sweeties!

The most important thing with this order is he had just started his extremely fantastic "buy and try" offer. Basically you pay for the eyepieces and he sends them out for you to for 2 weeks and you return the ones you are not happy with. It applies for flat, plossl, planetary and ED eyepiece if my memory serves me right, but you will have to visit the website for better details.

I returned the planetary as the high magnification did work for me, but the others were a vast improvement on the ones supplied wih my telescope.

Order 3.

Digital camera adaptor - £14.99

Ordered: Jan 4, Arrived: Jan 5, One day!

Alan informed me that he had actually sent a slightly better one than the one advertised and it was!

Overall

Alan knows how to run a bussiness and how to treat his customers.

The "Buy and Try" scheme is an amazing idea, as it gives you the chance to experience an nice selection of eyepiece using YOUR telescope in YOUR usually viewing location. If you are not happy with the eyepiece you will get your money back.

He is currently trying to find some additonal stock (not on his site) in the hope of being able to supply them for me.

My first port of call is now always the website Sky's the Limit

My second is to e-mail Alan.

Service: 10/10

Despatch speed: 10/10

Communication: 10/10

Speed at replying to e-mails: 10/10

Be warm and safe,

Neil

• 1 month later...

Recently bought an 9mm TMB from his ebay shop. Used it once. Very nice EP.

A Meade 8.8mm UWA comes along shortly afterwards.

The 9mm No longer required.

Sent an email to Alan. Had a reply within 5 mins.

He has agreed to let me swap for an 18mm :(:D

How's that for service...........

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to order the 25, 15 and 8mm BST Explorers and a 2" 80mm extension tube. Contacted Alan who advised me the 8mm was out of stock right now, so I asked to purchase the rest.

Alan sent me a Paypal invoice through, and goods were delivered next day with a small helping of mini easter eggs which make me smile :D

Excellent service and I'll be happy to order the 8mm BST from Alan when they're back in stock.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave my wife a brief idea of what EP's I owned, so for my birthday she decided to phone Allan at STL and ask for help in choosing me some new EP's,

He was extremely helpful to her and she has not a clue about any astro related subjects, within 30min she received an invoice for the most appropriate EP's for me, and the following day she received the EP's,

And today I'm sitting here drooling over my new toys (roll on the darkness)

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to buy a 18mm ED BST Explorer. At the end of April, there was a note on the web-site saying that they'd hit the VAT limit and couldn't sell anything else till May. I fired off an enquiry and, after a brief exchange of emails culminating in a PayPal invoice, I placed the order over the bank holiday weekend. Alan posted the eyepiece on Tuesday and it arrived the next day, very well packaged.

Throughout, Alan let me know, in very friendly emails, what was going on. In a bit of subsequent banter about me having bought myself a month of cloud, he even had the decency not to comment when I suggested the wrong chemical for cloud-seeding (I noticed milliseconds after hitting "SEND").

There are people about whom the phrase "it's been a pleasure to do business with you" is far more than just an automatic meaningless cliche; Alan Willison is one of those people.

After several reviews on SGL, and after hours of research i decided to order a couple of new EPs

Wasn't sure on the best for my needs so i rang Alan at Sky's the Limit.

I was amazed at how helpful he was, and not in the slightest patronising talking to me as I'm a complete novice.

He talked to me for half an hour on what setup i had, what i was aiming to do, and the limitations of different EPs.

Finally settled on 2 BST Explorer ED eyepieces.

Email straight away to confirm order (5 mins tops), Invoice within 15 mins, confirmation email 5 mins after paying (via paypal) and confirmation of postage within the hour !

EPs arrived the following day, well packaged and in perfect condition.

Cant recommend this company / Alan enough. Service like my Nan used to talk about !

Would use them again without hesitation.

:D:hello2::p

• 1 month later...

Hello again SGL, after many weeks researching planetary E.P'S and recieving loads of advice from SGL members, I finally decided to give a TMB/Burgess planetary 5mm a go (I know Baader genuine ortho would of been a better all round EP) but for the price (£41.00) I cannot complain. Anyway I would like to give the best possible heads up to Alan of Sky's the Limit, this chap is so helpful and a joy to deal with. I asked him if he could also include a bolt case for the eyepiece and bill me the extra £'s. His response was "I will find one and put it with E.P, no charge" Its always nice to deal with sellers like this. Happy gazing all...:)

• 2 months later...

I've had the pleasure of buying a couple of items recently from Alan at Skys The Limit and both times the service was first class.

Items arrived swiftly and were well packaged and Alan is extremely helpful no matter how daft you think your question might be.

Highly recommended.

just phoned alan at skies the limit, what a lovely chap asked about different eps and he reccomended rhe bst as most on here do. asked if i had missed todays post he said yes. but was happy enough to take a walk to post my ep. talk about going out of your way. would reccomend skies the limit will let you no when it arrieves

regards mike:)

• 3 months later...

As always it was an absolute pleasure dealing with Alan at sky's the limit. Alan has always been very helpful and accommodating to any inquiries I have made. It would also appears Alan is available at all hours of the day and night which is always a bonus. A recent purchase came in record time and was very well packaged surviving what would appear to be a Frisbee throwing contest by DHL.

Great affordable products and a superb service to match. WHat more could you want. Thanks Alan :icon_salut:

• 3 weeks later...

Another very positive review for Alan at Sky's the Limit.

Telephone inquiries were dealt with politely and with sound knowledge of his products.

Emails were replied to same day every time, some within 5 mins!

My payment was late (crimbo and new discs and brake pads needed on my van) but it didn't phase Alan.

2 BST Explorers ED's arrived this morning very securely packaged and with a packet of sweets!

I will be buying from him again and recommend his service 100%

• 4 weeks later...

just a quick note to reinforce what many already have said regarding sky's the limit.

i bought a 12mm eyepiece from the ebay name skies unlimited.

kept well informed, and it arrived in two days. will be useing again.

thanks.

• 1 month later...

being one of the four eyed clan and looking for a suitable eyepiece i posted here and was advised to go with the bst explorer from skies unlimited.

i contacted alan through his website as it didnt have online buying and was through some wonderfully polite and helpfull emails directed to his ebay store.

i have now made several purchases from skies unlimited including five lovely bst eyepieces and each purchase has been perfect.. always getting lovely emails and VERY quick free delivery, i have to say that alan and skies unlimited are not just the best companies ive dealt with since i found astronomy but one of the best ive ever dealt with and as a purchaser for the company i work in and as someone who does at least 90% of his shopping online thats quite a compliment

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to give a recommendation to sky's the limit, who can be found online or on eBay.

I wanted to order some new EPs and had set my heart on BST Explorers. Having emailed Alan at the shop I was advised that the TMB EPs were also worth a look.

Very helpful, polite, and best of all I can give the eyepieces I have bought a chance on the next clear evening - if they are not what I was expecting or the scope can't handle them, I can return for a replacement.

Knowledgable, helpful and prompt responses to emails. I would definitely deal with again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I feel it is necessary to give a big congratulations to Sky's the Limit, because they were very helpful and they sent my eyepiece (the 4mm TMB Planetary) very quickly (two days), and gave me a realistic time frame of when it should have arrived. I cannot recommend them more, and their eyepiece they sent me was brilliant. :)

• 1 month later...

I'd once again like to thank Alan at Sky's the Limit for prompt delivery of my Cheshire Collimator, in the post first thing (I ordered in the evening), and arrived today. Brilliant service, and he's always very helpful about what he sells.

Big Thumbs up!

• 1 month later...

I really cant recommend skys the limit enough they are by far the best online retailer i have ever delt with by far, let me tell you why.

I am a returning skys the limit customer for a very good reason. A little while ago i bought some BST Explorer eyepieces and was very happy with them I then ordered a Vixen NPL 30mm eyepiece and again a very happy with the speed of delivery and comunications and price etc. Just last week i was looking at getting an adaptor to fit my E550 digital camera to the eyepiece of my skywatcher 200p dobsonian to dabble in a bit of imaging.

Firstly i checked out skys the limit and Alan had them for sale at £43 free delivery, ok i thought i wonder if i can find them any cheaper elsewhere. I did. I found them from a different retailer for £29.99. So naturally i emailed Alan at skys the limit and told him what i had found and could he price match. I didnt think he would as it was quite a big drop in price. He emailed me back that very day and said that he would not be beaten on price and not only would he price match he would beat it, so he re-priced the adaptor to £28.99 on ebay. Same product free delivery first class.

What can i say. I would strongly recommend that anyone wanting to but any astro gear to email Alan at skys the limit (can be found online or on ebay) before purchasing any gear just to see if he can beat the price, believe me you will be very happy you did. Now to see if i can find some anti cloud spray ;) Oh did i mention that skys the limit are the best? not sure i did but just in case, Skys the limit are the best.

• 1 year later...

I bought two starguider ED eyepieces recently from Sky's the Limit.

The shopping experience was very good, Allan at Sky's the Limit has been responsive, easy to discuss different options of shipping and purchasing alternatives. The package arrived 3 working days after order, quicker than the dometic mail here, and very well packt in bubbles and boxes. I'd not hesitate to recommend it to everyone else.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

12mm BST ordered on my behalf from Sky's the Limit; arrived today (quickly) well-packaged & I am told in good order. Of course, its gone to Santa now and outside is grim and cloudy anyway!! But thus far, quick good service.

Archived