SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Skymax 127 head count.

A Skymax 127 here too. Terrific scope. Views of Saturn recently have been brilliant - Titan and Rhea easily visible. Got it on the Supatrak mount. I'm in the process of upgrading from the freebie EPs and potentially doing a full 2" upgrade, just to see what happens.

Only one minor grumble - I wish we could easily fit a fatter focus knob - fine focus can sometimes be a royal pain! ;)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make that 32!

This is my third scope, the others having been a 70mm Tasco which got me hooked. Followed by a Skyhawk 1145PM which is a nice compact scope.

I sold the Tasco and the Skyhawk to help finance the Skymax 127.

The Skymax 127 has given me some of the best views of the moon and planets I have seen.

I am also in the process of adding some better EPs to the standard ones that came with it. I've got a Kson 16.8mm orthoscopic which gives superb views of the moon. I'll probably be going with a 7 or 8mm TS Planetary HR next for the eye relief and greater magnification of the planets.

Mind you some clear skies would be nice so that I can use the ones I've got.

Best wishes to all,

Mark

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the risk of being called a heretic, I have it's baby sister the 102 and am very pleased with it!

Just started playing with an SDC 435 video camera and grabbed my first DSO pictures - M3 & M5.

With a GSO 32mm Plossl I get almost 1.5 degrees FOV which should just about show M45 although I haven't tried as I have only recently got the eyepiece.

I choose the 102 over the 127 based on size as I wanted to take it camping. Also comments on the AZ GOTO mount suggested that it was at it's limit with the 127 and I planned on getting the SDC 435 for use with the scope primarily for video assisted viewing for my kids.

Clear skies

Paul

Archived