Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Skymax 127 head count.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, did a few searches with http://www.focaldepth.co.uk/astronomy/sglsig/sglsig.php

and found:

Skywatcher Skymax 127 was found 29 times in SGL members' signatures.

Skymax 127 was found 69 times in SGL members' signatures.

Skymax127 was found 2 times in SGL members' signatures.

Skywatcher 127 was found 16 times in SGL members' signatures.

SW 127 was found 4 times in SGL members' signatures.

SW127 was found 1 times in SGL members' signatures.

So I make that at least 90 people have one in their signature.

• 5 weeks later...

I have one too! But I'm having trouble aligning it properly :p

I am using the 2 star method. When slewing to the 2nd star the scope points in a completely different position :icon_eek: which website is best to find my latitude etc. please? I'm thinking maybe I haven't entered them correctly.....:rolleyes::)

I have one too! But I'm having trouble aligning it properly :(

I am using the 2 star method. When slewing to the 2nd star the scope points in a completely different position :icon_eek: which website is best to find my latitude etc. please? I'm thinking maybe I haven't entered them correctly.....:rolleyes::)

Heavens-Above Home Page is a good one. Also check daylight saving time :p Hope that helps.

:icon_eek: which website is best to find my latitude etc. please? I'm thinking maybe I haven't entered them correctly.....:rolleyes::)

Enter your postcode in google maps,on the map hover the mouse cursor over where you live,right click and choose 'whats here',should give your exact coordinates.

(for the e-w figure,if its minus=west,positive=east)

Yes we have one, well actually my son does but it's in the house and i can use it but only with his express permission :)

We have been highly impressed with it. He loves it to bits.

Another Celestron 127 SLT owner here if that counts :)

I found the SW 127 mak user group has some really informative threads in too, recommended reading.

As the Celestron 127 has identical DNA it too can be included!

Sadly I will have to sell my skymax soon as its gathering dust (the storage box not the scope ;-) ) One last foray when i take it on holiday and then its up for grabs.

Hiya Patrick - I haven't had a chance to do more than spy Saturn through the finder of that dob so far - clouds rolled in before I could do any more than that.

Guess that's first light for the finder though!

Alan

Enter your postcode in google maps,on the map hover the mouse cursor over where you live,right click and choose 'whats here',should give your exact coordinates.

(for the e-w figure,if its minus=west,positive=east)

Hi JohnR, Thanks for the info!

Heavens-Above Home Page is a good one. Also check daylight saving time :icon_eek: Hope that helps.

Hi James, thanks for the help & info. As for the dalight saving time - us here in the UK are on BST, right? We put our clocks forward 1 hour in spring, so when setting up the 127 do we enter 'YES' or 'NO' for daylight saving?? :)

Sorry to appear stupid! :rolleyes:

Hi James, thanks for the help & info. As for the dalight saving time - us here in the UK are on BST, right? We put our clocks forward 1 hour in spring, so when setting up the 127 do we enter 'YES' or 'NO' for daylight saving?? :)

Sorry to appear stupid! :icon_eek:

When we are on BST, select YES for daylight saving.

I have an SW Mak 127 OTA on a Vixen SP mount. Fantastic little scope for planets, doubles and (against all my expectations) not bad on many DSOs as well - certainly better than my 4" frac. Compactness and portability are great.

Chris

Ive had an Orion USA Apex 127 Mak for years now, same as a skymax but in funky maroon.

Its one of the most versatile scopes around I reckon.

Use it on lunar/solar/planetary as is or stick an sct reducer and 2" diagonal on the back and get a wider fov. The cheaper way of getting apo performance:)

Philj

I've just bought one a week or so back but given the weather at the moment I've only had the opportunity to view the moon. I'm looking forward to taking it to north Wales later this month for some dark and hopefully clear skies.

Archived