Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that a few folk from the Wolves area meet up at a site near Cosford, but I don't drive which makes it a tad awkward. I really need to find a dark-ish site in the Willenhall/Wolverhampton area - easier said than done :)

The weather don't get me started on that just finished working in Greece clear blue sky every day get back home and its rain and cloud gutted.My scopes have not seen the light of day or should I say the dark of night for months but not to worry our day will come soon and we will have a meet.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Im from Gornal and just got my first scope, would be interested in going to a meet one night (not sure when though).

Must also add im from Upper Gornal not Lower Gornal - we have carpets and indoor running water. LOL

Kev.

I've just picked up on this thread. I moved from Upper Gornal a month ago, down into Dudley. It's worse for pollution down here! Really want to find a darker site now I have the time to meet up at weekends.

There is very little happening in this thread or in the Wolves & Black Country Observing Group. I was waiting to goto the site at Cosford but everyone has gone silent, dont know whats happening perhaps it because of the cloudy weather. We will have to wait and see.

Clear Skies

I'm waiting to get my new scope then I'll be ready to meet up. I've been too lazy (and unsociable!) in the past preferring to use my garden but there's now a security light which randomly flickers on and off. Plus I went to the Kielder star party at the beginning of the month and really being around other people with scopes. So I'll post back when I've got my new scope and the weathers looking good and we'll see :D

Steve

I wanted to come along quite a while back when there seemed to be regular meetings but work meant I could never make it. My circumstances have changed since so hopefully there will be some clear skies soon so I can finally make it. The light pollution here is a nightmare.

Reckon it won't be long before we have a meet now the weather is getting a bit warmer thing is I can only stand the cold for a short while so it's a long way for me to go just for an hour or so. looking forward to staying out half the night and not freezing half to death.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

This is just what I need. Recently got my first scope in March and would be good to meet up and get some advice/assistance/help.

I've viewed from my back garden only to date and have recently had my first glimpse of Saturn, albeit only with a 15mm EP and my Goto wasn't aligned (had to move scope quickly to see Saturn!) so had to manually track but WOW.

I'll PM Wulfrunian :)

Hope to catch up with you soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.

Its been a while since I last observed from "The Site". ; )

I am up for some observing this evening and am making plans to be there at about 9.30. So if any one would like to join me this evening for some observing that would be really great.

For anyone who doesnt know where we observe, pm me before 9.00 with your mobile and i will call you with details of where to meet.

All the best

Malc.

Archived