Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

Well she got back around 11.15 feeling pretty guilty for spoiling my evening. I'd given up and set up the scopes in the garden by then so when she spotted the Meade refractor that I hadn't got round to telling her about she wasn't really in a position to moan at me over it. So it worked out ok in one way. :mad:

I notice I've got a missed call and it wasn't one stored in my phone. Just wondering was it anyone from the group?

Just come back in now as the gaps between the clouds are becoming to small to be worth it.

Anyway here's to Sunday being clear.;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I went last night I was either in the wrong place or no one else turned up anyway it stayed clear unitll about 2.00 then it clouded over but I managed to do what i wanted to do all in all I had a very enjoyable evening hope some more can make it next time.

Well I went last night I was either in the wrong place or no one else turned up anyway it stayed clear unitll about 2.00 then it clouded over but I managed to do what i wanted to do all in all I had a very enjoyable evening hope some more can make it next time.

Glad you had a good session, by the time i got back from my folks it was late so didnt make it over. Ive got nothing planned for sunday so if its clear ill be going over

Well it's looking clear tonight (Sun 29th).

Just not sure how the Dob will cope with the wind (18mph at 10pm dropping to 10mph by 1am).

I think I'll still give it a go though. I'll probably have to stick with low powers.

Anyone else up for it?

Still looking to borrow a diagonal for the evening if anyone can bring one up. (I've found a cheap source of Meade Series 5000 accessories but they're out of diagonals at the minute and the pain of waiting is killing me!)

Great night. Seeing not that briliant and on a "Moony" night could have done with it for better views of Jupiter. Nonetheless always good to get up there and enjoy the darker skies and low horizons and at least the only tree around was perfectly placed to obscure the moon for a good part of the evening.

Thanks for the loan of the diagonal Steve - good excuse to make sure I get up there again soon to return it! Nice to meet you and Vince. See you both again soon I hope.

Regards

Paul

I've done so much observing in the past week I had better spend some time with the wife and kids according to met check the skies get a bit naff from today onwards but saying that it was'nt supposed to be as good as it was last night. I was out observing Jupiter again till 3.30 third night in a row so I had better give it a rest for a week (good job I've got an understanding wife) It was nice to meet Steve bham and haitch on Sunday and hope to meet some more members in the field soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Poor weather at min ;) anyone managed to get a bit of obsering in lately?

I've noticed a few clear nights but only when I'm to busy to observe. :icon_salut:

I've decided to make it up to myself by signing up to goto the Wisbech star party in a couple of weeks. :(

I've noticed a few clear nights but only when I'm to busy to observe. :o

Same here, haven't got out at all lately. Hopefully now the dark nights are coming there might be a chance. I'm off work in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed for then! Be good to get over for another session at the farm.

Archived