Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

Well I've just created a group for us on the forum. Not sure how it works but I've sent out a few invites to join it to the main posters in the thread. If anyone I've missed (or the computer chucked you out cos I'd mis-spelled your nickname) can't figure out how to join pm me.

We really need an icon for the group. I thought a picture of us setting up at the location would do unless someone out there is an artist (yes I know I am but not that sort!). It could do with someone with a camera better than the one in my phone to bring it along to the next meet.

Clear skies

Paul

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I've just created a group for us on the forum. Not sure how it works but I've sent out a few invites to join it to the main posters in the thread. If anyone I've missed (or the computer chucked you out cos I'd mis-spelled your nickname) can't figure out how to join pm me.

We really need an icon for the group. I thought a picture of us setting up at the location would do unless someone out there is an artist (yes I know I am but not that sort!). It could do with someone wit ha camera better than the one in my phone to bring it along to the next meet.

Clear skies

Paul

Good to get a group sorted, ill bring my camera over next time :rolleyes:

Great idea for a new group and have posted a quick welcome message. The trouble is now, Where to find the group :rolleyes:

:):D

OK

On the bar under the SGL logo should be a tab called communities. Click on that then Social groups and it should be there!

This is good. I have just sent you a message in the social group too. :rolleyes::D

Run the 2 groups for a while i suppose.

But in reply to your last post here Steve, the weather, or should i say skies, were pretty good on Saturday night for this time of year and some reasonably good observing done. We managed to get comet McNaught and it should still be visible i think this coming weekend. So if you can make it, that would be great.

All the best for now.

OK

We really need an icon for the group.

If we had more girlies in the group, this one might do as an interim solution...(she can't be a real astronomer though, because she hasn't got a hat on :rolleyes:).

On the other hand...nice boots!

post-15346-133877457888_thumb.jpg

I've got a few things on over the next 3 weeks (work, work, holiday and work!) but want to stay in the loop as would love to meet up with everyone and hopefuly get some decent observing in aswell. August is looking fairly quiet for me so if the skies are clear and you all meet up hopefuly I'll get to see you all.

As I've eventually managed to sort a van out I'm off on a DIYing trip to my place in France this weekend so I won't be around for a few weeks.

On the plus side... I will be over 2k ft above sea level in one of the most sparsely populated dark places I've ever been to (detail in the Milky Way is visible naked eye from the centre of the village). At around 45 degrees North it gets properly dark at this time of year and with a bit of luck I'll have room for the Dob. :D:D:D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Michael and everyone else,

I live not far from Wolverhampton, and looks like you have quite a gathering that I'd like to be part of the next time you go observing, if thats possible, alway like to meet others in this hobby, especially as I do only know a few in person. Graham from near here has already been in contact and I wanted to introduce myselt too, I have a rough idea when you observe as it's only a couple of miles from where I am. Hope to hear from some of you soon,

I'm on a couple of the other forums, just managed to get registered today on this one. I'm into imaging so most of my kit is on a mount, however I have a spare 10" Skywatcher that I'm slowly attempting to turn into a Dob for Observing, once that is working ok I could bring that along.

Regards

Pete,

Hi Michael and everyone else,

I live not far from Wolverhampton, and looks like you have quite a gathering that I'd like to be part of the next time you go observing, if thats possible, alway like to meet others in this hobby, especially as I do only know a few in person. Graham from near here has already been in contact and I wanted to introduce myselt too, I have a rough idea when you observe as it's only a couple of miles from where I am. Hope to hear from some of you soon,

I'm on a couple of the other forums, just managed to get registered today on this one. I'm into imaging so most of my kit is on a mount, however I have a spare 10" Skywatcher that I'm slowly attempting to turn into a Dob for Observing, once that is working ok I could bring that along.

Regards

Pete,

Pete welcome to SGL! your more than welcome to join us and we have set up a black country observing group you can join.

Steve

Hi Steve, good to hear from you, and thanks for the welcome

"Pete welcome to SGL! your more than welcome to join us and we have set up a black country observing group you can join."

How do you join? and how is everyone informed on when observing times are arranged? Do you all just meet at the site or do they meet anywhere else? I know so many questions. :mad: hopefully soon the weather will be kinder for us, seems ages since I attempted any kind of imaging or observing.

Pete

Hi all,

Anyone who's been requesting to join apologies if I've been a bit slow as I'm in France and have been for the last few weeks (and will be for a while longer) and the beer in the internet cafe in my village is so strong that by the time I've sorted the work e-mails I tend to forget to visit the forum.

A plus tard

Paul

Archived