Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

I've just stumbled across this thread completely by accident. I'm in the Kingswinford / Wall Heath area and if the opportunity arose, I wouldn't mind coming along to one of your rendez vous, if only to have a good nose around your lovely scopes. I only have bins at the mo, but do drive so could feasibly give someone on the way a lift and get a bit of gear in the back of the motor. This is all assuming that know nothing astro idiots are allowed.

I'll keep an eye on this here thread I think.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys that's quite a pack we're forming with all these wolves. Anyone interested in getting to some dark skies with some like minded people is welcome as far as I'm concerned. Owning a 14" dob doesn't make me an expert on the skies so tell you what if someone wants to mug up on targets for the evening they are more than welcome to share the views. :p;)

All we need now is a clear moonless Saturday night!!!

I've only taken up astronomy to take my mind off the football.

Couple of full-backs going cheap...anyone interested?

Funny - I was thinking of taking up watching football to take my mind of the lack of decent weather when I've got the time to observe! :)

Hi guys...have you got room for a lil Wednesbury lad to come join in now and again?? A novice myself too but can't think of a better excuse for a new tattoo :)

The more the merrier. One day we might even get suitable weather, on a weekend without a full moon, to get out and do some observing!

Hello all, whats goin' on & where ? Im in Walsall/Willenhall area , any chance of joining a nights viewing ? Are they fixed nights or variable as I have Tues & thursdays already booked. It would be great to get some advice / tips.

Well it seems ages since we got together. We usually just post up here if we are available and intending to go out (for most of us that's just weekends in order to make it worthwhile getting the gear out). The where is down a track on a farm at Cosford. Amazingly dark considering how close it is to the West Midlands conurbation. Steve_bham found the site and will usually let the farmer know we will be there. Wulfrunian also has details of the site so pm those 2 prior to a visit for directions.

Hi,

Im from Gornal and just got my first scope, would be interested in going to a meet one night (not sure when though).

Must also add im from Upper Gornal not Lower Gornal - we have carpets and indoor running water. LOL

Kev.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all, whats goin' on & where ? Im in Walsall/Willenhall area , any chance of joining a nights viewing ? Are they fixed nights or variable as I have Tues & thursdays already booked. It would be great to get some advice / tips.

Nice to see someone else from Willenhall, I'm originally from there but moved to not far from J11 M6 now, so only up the road.

I also hope to get back out in the next few months with the scope

Stu

Nice to see someone else from Willenhall, I'm originally from there but moved to not far from J11 M6 now, so only up the road.

I also hope to get back out in the next few months with the scope

Stu

I hail from Willenhall as well. Now based in Bristol but the rest of the family are still there and I visit often, did any of you go to the comp'?

Archived