Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already started drowning my sorrows :)

Apart from the cloud the wind seems to have picked up and the downside of the site having good low horizons is that it's not very sheltered.

Ah well, should've known with the moon being out of the way it wouldn't be clear and still on a Saturday night!

• 2 weeks later...

Not strictly related to the group but Walsall Astronomy Society is having a trip up Barr Beacon for the lunar eclipse on Wednesday if it's clear. Gates open around 8:30 I think but if anyone is interested pm me and I'll check details.

Regards

Paul

Not strictly related to the group but Walsall Astronomy Society is having a trip up Barr Beacon for the lunar eclipse on Wednesday if it's clear. Gates open around 8:30 I think but if anyone is interested pm me and I'll check details.

Regards

Paul

Any news on this mate?

Hi all

I've not met anyone in this group for a long time, is anyone going to the peak Star Party?

Also there is a Solar observing day at Cannock this Sunday

Cannock Civic Observatory Event

Summer Solstice Event - Sunday 19th June 2011

At the Museum of Cannock Chase, Valley Road, Hednesford, WS12 1TD

(Signposted off the Hednesford to Rugeley Road)

11pm - 4pm (museum open until 5pm)

Cannock Civic Observatories will be holding a solar observation event at the museum on Sunday 19th of June:-

(Free admission – donations welcome.)

* Displays and demonstrations of solar observation equipment in the conference room

* Modern and vintage telescopes

* If the weather is suitable, telescopes will be set up outside for the public to view the skies – with guidance and information from members of the Observatory. Hopefully some sunspots and prominces will be visible.

The museum will also be open - there are exhibits on local history and mining and a children's gallery.

Hope to see some of you there

Steve

Archived