Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing regular, we just check out when the weather forecast looks good and anyone who is free is welcome to come along.

As for where it's on a very kind farmers land, out a little way along the M54 at Cosford. Wulfrunian or Steve_bham are probably best placed to give you directions via PM (I'd end up getting you lost!)

Hi Stu,

Same here, not a lot lately, it's just been too late over the summer for me whenever I've been free on a clear night! But I managed to get my new scope out for a while at the weekend, and hopefully will be able to make a meet-up at the farm soon, especially with the darker nights.

cheers

Michael

Hi all

I've not been in contact recently since going to the salisbury star party but have found a very good campsite in the Ratlinghope Valley east of the Long Mynd - perhaps the place for a weekend meet? :)

Also there is a cannock civic observatory set up in the grounds of the Cardinal griffin RC School in cannock that i'm involved with this will replace the Penderll Hall collage site that has closed due to education cuts.

steveWolves

If any of you are out tonight, you can thank me for the clear skies, I'm out all evening, otherwise I'd have been tempted over the farm, day off tomorrow :)

Thanks, there was me thinking it was all down to the full moon this weekend. :(

• 2 months later...

Evening all.

AndyC very kindly provided the link to get me here, thanks for that :)

I can only imagine (and turn green with jealousy) at how good your dark sky location is. Cosford is a lovely rural location, but unfortunately out of my range as I'm the 'other' side of Wolverhampton and don't drive. The wife does drive, but I think I may have a hard time persuading her to pick me up from a field at 3.00am!

You are spot on Haitch, I'm virtually in Willenhall, so Cosford is not an option using public transport :D

I have thought briefly of trying out the local parks, but without a bodyguard and a fast getaway car I don't think it's a realistic option as the local chavs would love to take the bins round to Cash Generator to fund their next packet of fags :)

I'm in brownhills - I've never been out in public locally with my gear but I guess anyone would struggle to run off with a 14" dob! :)

So is anyone else up for tonight (especially anyone near willenhall)?

'scuse any dodgy grammar -I'm typing on the phone.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that's odd the skies look clear but the Met Office foreacast on my iPhone says it's going to be cloudy. So tempting to take a chance but it's been a long week and I don't want to spoil anyone's night vision packing up to go early.

What time are you thinking of getting there?

Hi all

I'm after a favour...

I'm trying to decide on a first scope but really need to have a look through a few before chucking my cash away.

Would you mind a Wolves-supporting resident of Wrexham trekking over to join you in your farmer's field?

Owing to the distance, once the purchase has been made I will be a fairly irregular attender so I really am taking a liberty!

Feel free to say no!

Cheers

Andy

Archived