NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

wulfrunian

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish our weather was a bit more predictable - after the way it's been today I assumed there was no chance for tonight and have just logged on to see messages saying it should be clear...AAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!

Ok got a incredible desire to view moon and jupiter through my new scope (well its not new but it is to me) friday 27th aint looking to bad according to met check anyone up for it.

If its nice and clear ill be up for popping over to do a bit of observing. Fingers crossed for clear skies.

I haven't managed to get out observing since I got back from holiday, and I finish nights on friday morning so probably won't be awake enough. But might be an opportunity to send that nirvana for you to try out Steve!

I think I can make Friday too -

I'll bring the Dob but has anyone who's coming got a diagonal I could borrow (2" or 1.25") for the evening to try out my Meade refractor until I get round to buying one (such a long list of wants!)

I wondered whether you'd sold the Nirvana but I've picked up a 7mm T1 Nag now.

Submitted my application to join the group a few weeks ago but no reply. Have I been rejected? ;)

Number one daughter has started sleeping through the night so I am hoping to get a pass to go out late night observing soon. Would be nice to meet you all.

Submitted my application to join the group a few weeks ago but no reply. Have I been rejected? :mad:

Number one daughter has started sleeping through the night so I am hoping to get a pass to go out late night observing soon. Would be nice to meet you all.

Hi Julian, or can I call you Iam (actually in the Black Country we usually say it twice and pronounce it Yam) :mad:

As far as I can see you are a member of the group in Communities. It might have been a bit delayed as I was in France for nearly a month and internet access wasn't good there.

Actually we tend to do most of our business in this thread abecause, so far as I can tell, you can't subscribe to a thread in a community so you have to keep checking for new posts.

If you want to come along just pm Wulfrunian, Steve_bham or Orions-knight for the location details (despite having visited a couple of times and only living 25 minutes away I still need Satnav to get there)

Hope you can make it this weekend ;)

Bostin' ;)

Sorry, I have to admit I was looking at the wrong group. There's one called West Midlands Stargazers. Are they the enemy? As the new lad, do you want me to go and ask them if I can borrow an extra solar planet filter, or a Worcestershire collimator?

I shall not be out this Friday, but soon enough. I know where the Cosford site is, but will PM Steve or Michael with my mobile number nearer the time. Cheers.

The missus has just informed me that she is going out tonight. ;)

She says she'll be back a reasonable time so I could maybe make it up for around 10 to 10.30pm but I don't want to turn up headlights blazing and spoiling everyone's night vision.

Actually, thinking about it, the Moon is quite big so you're not going to be that dark adapted are you?

If I drive up on side lights (I'll keep the Xenons off) would anybody object to me coming a bit later?

Well I've got home earlier than expected so I should be there about eight maybe a bit before if possible. Has anyone told the farmer we are going last time we got pulled up by his wife who knew nothing about us being there.

There's one called West Midlands Stargazers. Are they the enemy? As the new lad, do you want me to go and ask them if I can borrow an extra solar planet filter, or a Worcestershire collimator?

Yes. The West Midlands isn't even a proper county, it was invented in 1974 by the Local Government Act, and the council was abolished in 1986. Wolverhampton's in Staffordshire really.

Trivia fact of the day ;)

Come to think of it, why is the collimator named after Cheshire? Was it invented there or something?

I haven't managed to get out observing since I got back from holiday, and I finish nights on friday morning so probably won't be awake enough. But might be an opportunity to send that nirvana for you to try out Steve!

Cool, want to try a 7mm in my scope to make sure its not too much magnification. ;)

Well still sitting here waiting for the missus. I could have gone but I don't think Social Services would take kindly to me abandoning the kids.

Just have to hope we get another clear night this b/hol weekend

Well still sitting here waiting for the missus. I could have gone but I don't think Social Services would take kindly to me abandoning the kids.

Just have to hope we get another clear night this b/hol weekend

Yeah hope so by time i got back from my folks wasnt worth doing tonight. so fingers crossed for sunday ;)

Archived