Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Accessing FLO

Check to see if your device is on the list of compatible devices:

https://letsencrypt.org/docs/certificate-compatibility/

FLO website uses Let's encrypt certificate that is signed by root certificate authority ISRG Root X1

If device does not trust that root certificate (meaning that developers of the platform omitted that Root CA for some reason - maybe lack of support and upgrade on part of developers or whatever) - you will get above message.

Thanks for the replies.

@ Budgie1 - good point, checked and it is "https"

@vlaiv - Device running Android 5.1.1 [X1 list states "Andoid>=7.1.1 (but Android >=2.3.6 will sork by default)"]. Not quite sure why it says I would need >=7.1.1 if >=2.3.6 will work??

However, the problem seems to have resolved itself now I am back within range of my router - a fact which may or may not be a coincidence (can't think why it would care whether I am accessing it that way or through normal wifi). Guess I will just have to keep an eye on it and see if I can spot anything if it happens again.

Thanks.

You can try checking this as no one's mentioned as of yet (as it's doubtful), the device you're trying to access on, is the date and time correct as that can throw up similar errors as it won't tie in with the websites SSL certificate (or equivalent).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

Anyone else having problems accessing FLO?

Screenshot_2024-03-01-11-30-26.png

The same thing has happened to me several times over the last week, so youre not alone.

• Like 1

If you read about this online it usually comes down to the following:

1. A websites SSL certificate is out of date (they are issued/renewed periodically by the websites host provider, if they're not people will run into these issues when trying to connect).

2. As I mentioned previously check your devices date and time, if they're incorrect it'll throw up a similar error (unlikely to happen on phones used regularly, more likely to happen to tablets that haven't been used in a while or computers that have a failing CR2032 battery which doesn't keep the bios clock up to date).

3. Clear your browser's cache.

4. Try another browser.

5. Make sure your device OS (not so important) and browser version is up to date (more important).

27 minutes ago, IB20 said:

I sometimes wish I couldn’t access it, would save me a lot more money!

I know the feeling...another parcel arrived this morning from FLO and of course it was on time !.......🤣

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Elp said:

2. As I mentioned previously check your devices date and time, if they're incorrect it'll throw up a similar error (unlikely to happen on phones used regularly, more likely to happen to tablets that haven't been used in a while or computers that have a failing CR2032 battery which doesn't keep the bios clock up to date).

This is a leap year, perhaps the device failed to cope with a 29th Feb. ?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

Click on advanced then allow connection.

Doesn't allow connection. Looking on the bright side I can't spend anything if I can't access it.

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Haha 1

Did you try any of the above I've suggested? You can't just brute force it, something's changed and you need to find out what and make the adjustment.

18 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Doesn't allow connection. Looking on the bright side I can't spend anything if I can't access it.

What options do you get when you click on the advanced option?