Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'esprit 120'.
Found 4 results
Hi, so yesterday I’ve received the Esprit 120 and some extras and I started right away unpacking and installing it on my mount. The case and the accessories there was some debris in one of the taped holes On the rings, but i managed to get it out quickly with a pointy blade. the accessories: Don’t know exactly wat the extension tube is for, I probably won’t need it. It has a male M48 tread so i guess its for getting a DSLR into focus wen you don’t use the field flattener. The SW field flattener comes with some rings too, to mount it on the drawtube of the telescope (first remove te last reduction ring to 2”) and a ring with male M48 tread for connecting a T-ring and a spacer to get up to 75mm backfocus. Next the TS 0.75 reducer/corrector on the telescope side it fits directly on the drawtube and on the camera side it has a reduction to M48. Backfocus is 55mm, witch is the same I had with my ED 80 it replaces. This ring can be removed, its not needed with the Esprit 120. Also got a Baader Click Lock for in case of visual use And the obligatory dew strap For size comparison Ed80 VS Esprit 120 Time to fit everything on the mount I’ve added a D-style 33cm dovetail on the top to mount the USB hub and Pocket Power Box and i got some room left for piggy backing a DSLR. So far so good, next step was calibration of the Sesto Senso, this is when things went wrong. The Sesto Senso slipt or the shaft would even turn when the motor was. i called in some help and started fiddling with the focuser. At the end i had to loosen the screws that push the teflon bars against the drawtube, all is good now. IMG_8514.MP4 Edit: maybe worth mentioning, the whole setup weight is 13,3kg
Hi, yesterday i've raided the piggy bank and pulled the trigger on some gear, so the waiting game is on FLO order (you're welcome) Esprit 120 without te ES Reid test (contacted FLO, there's no test report delivered afterwards so ) SW flattener for the scope A larger Bahtinov mask (my current one is too small for the 165mm dew shield) A Baader Click Lock for the Esprit 120 A Baader finder shoe (i've read somewhere the standard one isn't that good) TS Optics order APM 330mm Losmandy plate (will mount this one to the bottom and the green one on top) Dew tape 160-200 TS 0,75 APO reducer/corrector Variable M48 spacer (17-23mm) for getting to 75mm backfocus with the SW flattener Some M48 spacers TS has already shipped, FLO hasn't, don't know why, i've made sure everything was in stock and i've paid triple shipping cost for Express. Anyhow i'm sure i'll get my toys by Wednesday. I've doubted on witch reducer to get, i've read good things on the Explore Scientific 3" 0.7 reducer, but that one needed quite some expensive adaptor rings for the same starting price of the TS reducer. Does anybody have experience with the 120 + TS reducer ? Thanks
The summer has proven challenging weather-wise here in the UK. The original plan was for 5 hours each of SII, Ha and OIII on this object. I got pretty close to completion last night before the clouds rolled in. I have decided to call it therefore, even though I am still 4 subs short of target. This is my Esprit 120, with QSI 690 atop a Mesu 200 in my home observatory. Data captured between 27 May and 19 August 2017 and consists of: Ha: 18x1200" OIII: 13x1200" SII: 13x1200" For a total of 14.7 hours Data was then brutalised using PI and PS.
Following on from the 'free' widefield picture - https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/286774-free-rider-wo-star-71-and-horsehead/#comment-3142262 - here is the image through my Esprit 120. This is 8 hours in total. Last night we had a 'half-moon', more or less, and it was not too far away from the Horse. The Ha subs in both the Esprit and the WO looked about the same as they had done when there was no moon about. SGP does an Autostretch of downloaded subs. The 'black point' of the moonless and half-moon shots were only about 100 ADU apart, which I thought was pretty good. Rather foolishly I wasted time last night trying to get some LRGB. A 5 min Lum sub, autostretched by SGP, had an ADU in the high 8,000s (and looked pretty horrible)! Looks like I will have to wait for the disappearance of Moony McMoonface before taking on the LRGB acquisition. So this is: Skywatcher Esprit 120 Astrodon 3nm Ha - 24 x 20 minute subs = 8 hours QSI 690 I've tried not to go too 'extreme' with the processing: