Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello. New hobby :)

iPonchco

Just getting started.

Since I'm just at home I dusted off last years Fathers day gift and have been observing with a Crlestron 127eq.  It's been fun, but dp to limitations I got an 8" dob and just finished my diy rocker box.

Glad to be here.

iPoncho

• Like 2

Thank you for the welcomes.  Yup, early settler on the moon.  So far only peanuts spent. I got a free telrad, so I side stepped the plastic finder frustration.  I got good focus from the start so I got only more into it.

I've since then got a 8" dobsonian and made my own base. I'm sure there is a place for me to post a pic soon enough.  

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2021 at 14:42, barbulo said:

Hi iPoncho. Welcome to the hobby where a 3-figure spent is just peanuts..

Oh dang.  Looks like I might graduate from the peanut gallery.  Shopping for dslr camera. 

Update:

2nd modena shot kicked my butt, so I made this.   Piece of PVC, Dremel tool & wala attached my GoPro. Yes. I read some threads, but already had it. 

20210515_111154.jpg

On 20/03/2021 at 17:21, iPonchco said:

Just getting started. ...  been observing with a Crlestron 127eq.  ... I got an 8" dob ... iPoncho

That's a bit of a jump. I believe that you will find that as nice as the big glass is, your EQ-127 will still see some action, especially as you want to do astrophotography. 

Piece of PVC, Dremel tool & wala attached my GoPro. Yes. I read some threads, but already had it. 

You are cruising right along... Congratulations. Keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/05/2021 at 11:52, mikemarotta said:

That's a bit of a jump. I believe that you will find that as nice as the big glass is, your EQ-127 will still see some action, especially as you want to do astrophotography. 

You are cruising right along... Congratulations. Keep us posted.

Ya, glad I didn't sell my celestron.  I actually found a way to make the stand more stable, so keeping that puppy.