Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EP32 - Sunday, 10th January 2021 7:30pm GMT - Astrophotography Then and Now by Steve Clifton (tomato)

Grant

Welcome back! Kicking off our first StarGaZine of 2021 we are welcoming Steve Clifton / @tomato a longstanding member of SGL who is going to give us his talk 'Astrophotography Then and Now' - A not too technical look at the AP process in the pre-digital age and contrasting that to what can now be achieved with modern amateur equipment.

Steve has had a lifelong interest in astronomy and was an enthusiastic Astro photographer back in the 80’s and 90’s He took up the hobby again in 2014 after a 25 year hiatus, the talk has been sparked by my experiences both then and now and the tremendous advances that have taken place over that time.

It sounds like a really interesting talk and a great way to kick off our programme of talks for 2021 - I'm looking forward to this! Thank you Steve for offering to give us a talk.

Meeting details below:

Topic: EP32 - Sunday, 10th January 2021 7:30pm GMT - Astrophotography Then and Now by Steve Clifton (tomato)
Time: Jan 10, 2021 07:30 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/95148317888?pwd=dGc3aEl5VzIzWkgzU25adTIvRmdWZz09

Meeting ID: 951 4831 7888
Passcode: 942068

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mick J said:

As above, very enjoyable and thanks.  I guess the question is what will we be seeing in 30 years time ?  any takers.

Many thanks again @tomato

Thanks for all the feedback. With regard to your question Mick, I’d personally hope that advances in the manufacturing technology will bring the costs of the kit down, and maybe remote imaging will increase in popularity which could drive those costs down also.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...