SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your Astro pressies, lol.

Nigella Bryant

No picture of it yet but somehow the mother in law knew i needed a 35mm x 2in extension tube to make a tidier job of getting my camera focussed.

Middle child, 11, got a microscope and telescope set. So she's already declared she'll be out on my next observing session.

She's very eccentric and I get some of the blame for that even though we aren't related. I call her the mad German rocket scientist.

• Like 10

Used to have one of the Revelation 80 f/6.8 FPL51 ED. Very nice visual scope.  

Not to be confused with the  Revalation 80 f/6 semi-apo. Lot of people don’t realise that there were two different spec 80mm Revelation scopes. One an FPL51 ED f6.8 doublet and the other an 80mm f/6 achromat called the semi-apo and assume all the 80mm scopes were the semi-apo.

EE208FC4-1E30-48BE-A98E-5AC88E389BAD.jpeg

A47DBE62-24E0-4A8C-99CA-AB95DCE985AF.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johninderby said:

Used to have one of the Revelation 80 f/6.8 FPL51 ED. Very nice visual scope.  

Not to be confused with the  Revalation 80 f/6 semi-apo. Lot of people don’t realise that there were two different spec 80mm Revelation scopes. One an FPL51 ED f6.8 doublet and the other an 80mm f/6 achromat called the semi-apo and assume all the 80mm scopes were the semi-apo.

EE208FC4-1E30-48BE-A98E-5AC88E389BAD.jpeg

A47DBE62-24E0-4A8C-99CA-AB95DCE985AF.jpeg

Thanks, mine is the Revelation 80 f/6.8 FPL51 ED. Don't know much about it, it came up for sale second hand and my partner bought it for me for Christmas. It looks and feels good, the focuser seems good too. 

Edited by Nigella Bryant

I had a couple of very nice astro related pressies from my lovely daughter and both complete surprises. The moon image was one of mine taken using my mobile phone at the eyepiece of my Tak 100 refractor. How she got hold of it I'll never know but it has made a lovely canvas type enlargement to go on my astro wall :icon_biggrin:

It's such a nice feeling when someone you love goes to that much trouble :wub:

P1090805.JPG.22c517a2d4376190e270f825db81ba91.JPG 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, John said:

I had a couple of very nice astro related pressies from my lovely daughter and both complete surprises. The moon image was one of mine taken using my mobile phone at the eyepiece of my Tak 100 refractor. How she got hold of it I'll never know but it has made a lovely canvas type enlargement to go on my astro wall :icon_biggrin:

It's such a nice feeling when someone you love goes to that much trouble :wub:

P1090805.JPG.22c517a2d4376190e270f825db81ba91.JPG 

I love the moon canvas, brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nigella Bryant said:

Finally got around to unwrapping the pressies, lol. One Revelation 80mm Semi Apo to use with white light and Ca-K wavelengths.

I had and may still have a Revelation 66mm - it was a sweet telescope with a nice build quality, and a very decent dual speed focuser. I was surprised by how nice it was for the price. I hope we still have it, your post reminded me I have not seen it for a while!

As for me, I got cash and am tempted to buy a right-angle finder for the dob, though I should try a Rigel QuikFinder on it first as I have one spare. I struggle a bit with the supplied staight-through finder!

Edited by Luke
  • Like 1

My Tecnosky 102 F/7 refractor and eyepieces will have a new home in the Peli air 1605 case and a new diagonal, the WO dielectric 2".

Ingen tilgængelig beskrivelse.

Ingen tilgængelig beskrivelse.

Really excited to try the diagonal in both my fracs together with my 24mm 82 degree ES eyepiece. Will give a very wide FOV in the Evostar 72ED! The caliper will be very useful for designing accurate 3D prints for scopes and other stuff!

Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 8