SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The new Skywatcher CQ350 PRO

Just what I need with 35kg load capacity. My neq6 is 20kg and that's loaded to capacity. Hope it's not too long a wait. 

We are awaiting more information from the manufacturer - here's what we know....! 

The new Skywatcher CQ350 PRO appeared in the Skywatcher print catalogues in May 2019. The design looks very similar to the leading iOptron CEM60 and seems to be based on the "English Yoke" design (this implies it could have advantages over the German Equatorial, like the iOptron CEM series). 

Payload capacity 35kg. 
Belt driven. 
Includes 2x USB2.0 ports 
2x Power output (we are guessing 12v) 
One or more autoguider interfaces (catalogue not clear) 
Power requirement 12v DC 2A. 
Launch price and date TBC! Exciting times for amateur astronomers! 

CQ350 Mount head with tripod: Product code 20309 (Price TBC) 
CQ350 Mount head with tripod: Product code 20309/20293 (Price TBC) 
Optional Polar Scope: Product code 20131 (Price TBC)

CQ350 20309 Skywatcher-a-450w.jpg

• Like 1

Skywatcher love to drop a new product image into the catalogue and then go mute on it.
Interesting looking mount indeed as the SW prices are so competitive.

I bet this will get a lot of attention from all you imagers.

All the talk on Cloudynights:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/662827-cq350-skywatcher/

Edited by Alan White
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

i think it would be incredibly short sighted to not have usb3 on a mount released now. 

Pretty sure that looks to have 4 x USB 3.0, not USB 2.0 as per Altair Astro.

Found some pics and info on the Skywatcher Italy website.

Some technical features: 35 Kg load capacity, belt drive, SynScan GoTo computerization, Autoguide input, 1 USB-B 3.0 port, 1 USB-B 2.0, 4 USB 3.0, 6 AUX ports en ° 4 power outputs.

1EDC64EB-B467-4129-891E-AAFB01D6CEC6.jpeg

5530C13A-4DDE-47AC-B149-53516519BC7B.jpeg

FFC710A3-D4AA-4143-B022-69F4B53E7ABA.jpeg

9FD764F8-62B1-48B4-B5F3-458B90F33081.jpeg

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...

Looks like a serious piece of kit. But, at 33lbs (15KG) the head is just not practical for nightly setup and take down.

If I ever get a permanent site then I would be very tempted.

Edited by wornish
typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2022 at 09:43, wornish said:

Looks like a serious piece of kit. But, at 33lbs (15KG) the head is just not practical for nightly setup and take down.

The head on this is actually lighter than the head of the EQ6-R, which is nightly setup/take down mount for many of us. Granted, the overall package would be heavier when you included tripod and counterweights though.

On 04/12/2022 at 11:43, wornish said:

The EQ6-R head has the same weight, so it's not that bad.

It took them a long time to fruition. Probably the pandemic didn't help either?

N.F.

• 1 month later...

Nice looking mount, however with all the ports and connections at the front it looks like there is great potential for a lot of cable snagging. Cable management doesn't really appear to have been thought about, for £2500 surely this area should of been thought about.

• 1 month later...

Anyone on here got one of these? I'm seriously thinking about getting one, instead of an EQ8, to put my 25kg SW 300PDS on.

Presumably they're as reliable as any other Skywatcher mount?

I've also noticed that the price on the SW website is quite a bit higher than FLO are charging. Is there a price rise coming?

4 minutes ago, Mikey0368 said:

Anyone on here got one of these? I'm seriously thinking about getting one, instead of an EQ8, to put my 25kg SW 300PDS on.

Presumably they're as reliable as any other Skywatcher mount?

I've also noticed that the price on the SW website is quite a bit higher than FLO are charging. Is there a price rise coming?

There's a message from FLO about Sky Watcher price rises here:  https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/406636-sky-watcher-prices/

Expect prices to go up by 5-7% on average.

• 10 months later...

Just pushed the button on a CQ350 mount head, gulp. My 20year old Neq6 died last week. It was my solar scope mount so a big miss. It was well used so can't grumble. I'm hoping this new mount will be a great work horse until I poke up the daisies, lol. 

sky-watcher-cq350-pro-synscan-mount-head-only-19817-1-p.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, dark knight said:

Look forward to hearing how it performs Nigella

Will do, have to raise my pillar to accommodate the Cq350. Hopefully over this weekend. My first impressions are good. Responsive under ecmod via an ecmod cable, Cart de Ciel and GSS. Communication straight away through mini pc. Did a home sync and custom Park under GSS. That's all I can report at the mo. 

Nigella 

Just now, Nigella Bryant said:

Will do, have to raise my pillar to accommodate the Cq350. Hopefully over this weekend. My first impressions are good. Responsive under ecmod via an ecmod cable, Cart de Ciel and GSS. Communication straight away through mini pc. Did a home sync and custom Park under GSS. That's all I can report at the mo. 

Nigella 

1000003756.jpg

1000003767.png

20240112_130116~2.jpg

20240112_130941~2.jpg

• Like 2