Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Greece

Alexandros

Hello all!

I am an absolute beginner stargazer, but astronomy aficionado, from Greece.

I recently discovered this very helpful forum while searching for opinions and reviews about the scope I purchased, a Skywatcher 130mm reflector scope.

I am looking forward to discussing and hopefully sharing some cool photos of the sky with you, like this very amateur shot of the moon's terminator from my phone, taken 5 days ago!

Clear skies to all! :)

IMG_20190508_223439-2.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome home. This forum will make your learning curve so much better. Love the photo, don’t be afraid to to ask questions no matter how trivial.

Where in Greece are you? From a beginner to a beginner you have made the right choice for a first scope. What mount is it on?

Marv

• Like 1

Thank you all for the very warm welcome!

43 minutes ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Welcome home. This forum will make your learning curve so much better. Love the photo, don’t be afraid to to ask questions no matter how trivial.

Where in Greece are you? From a beginner to a beginner you have made the right choice for a first scope. What mount is it on?

Marv

I live close to Athens, under a Bortle 6-7 sky. My scope is mounted on an equatorial mount, called an EQ2. I am not aware of its brand, but I will assume it's a Skywatcher as well, like the scope. 

• 2 weeks later...