Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_constellations.thumb.jpg.6034fe99df7fe590f77a776877551964.jpg

Grant

Imaging Challenge #22 - Christmas Present Challenge

The theme for the 22nd challenge - January 2019 - is the Christmas Present Challenge!

Start Date: 25th December 2018
End Date: 31st March 2019

Rules: A bit of New Year festive fun. This time the challenge is to image with, through, via, using, in conjunction with anything you were given for Christmas :) Something you gave yourself for Christmas also counts! :biggrin: Please let us know in the image description what item(s) were used.

Prize: A personalised mug for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places featuring your image kindly provided by our sponsors FLO :) and a virtual trophy for your signature.

--

RULES

All data must be captured and processed by you (no collaborative entries). 
Data must be captured during the challenge start & end dates. 
Multiple entries are allowed but please start a new topic for each entry. 
Multiple submissions of the same image, processed differently, will not be accepted.

--

To enter please start a new topic with your image in the ‘Imaging Challenge #22' forum (each challenge will have it’s own). Please post as much information as possible - when it was taken, how it was captured and processed, etc. The info won't necessarily be used for judging but will help fellow SGLers looking to learn and improve their knowledge and technique.

• Like 2

Wow, what a difficult challenge, when I got nothing remotely connected with astronomy or photography for Crimble.  I guess I could wrap the socks around the flex-tube as a light shield!!

• Haha 4

Think I might dust off the barn door for this one, took advantage of the crazy price Curry's did on the 24mm pan cake lens cheaper than second hand so that was our present.

I got a Spyder5 to calibrate my monitor, does that count?

Hmmm...sounds like I'm going to end up trying to image a bonsai tree through the prongs of a sonic spork! 🤣

• Like 1

Well my celestron FirstScope is arriving soon (somebody gifted it to me i bought myself a heritage 130p as a christmas gift(ordered it 2 days ago because i wanted my telescope to be a good one and it took some reasearch)  XD its a pretty bad telescope for this competition as it is mounted on a dob base and has an aperature of 76mm and a short focal lenght of 300mm But ill try my best 😛

My only hope is saturn and the moon:P i dont expect any decent results tho. well good luck to everybody! Best wishes and clear skies! 

I got a Celestron SLT 130 for Christmas.

46740807232_ba375b76e5_z_d.jpg 45878253815_e04cce5588_z_d.jpg 45842168125_8f1bf73e44_z_d.jpg 46026089444_ccbba4482a_z_d.jpg

Having fun watching the moon, hopefully the rain will quit before the Eclipse on Monday morning.

Stacy

Southern Spain