Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Small update on my cases.Got a binoviewer now and that one sits in the big case together with 2" Baader/Zeiss prism,ExSc 30mm,telrad and a pair or max visions 24 and 16mm (trialling them).

other pic is my "Precious" case with 2 full sets of BGO's and a set of Meade research grade orthos and Erfles.Does look like a serious ortho addiction :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Any chance of a report on your Binoviewers, I am looking to get the same pair.

I like the Denks so far, i understand its the maxvision combo what is off your interest? I have tried the 24mm and also the 16mm pairs a couple of times and so far i have been pleased with the performance.Only issue with 24mm is that you will have to put them on a "diet" by removing the outer casing and you will end up with 2 nice smoothsides,but there is a way around it and if off interest,i can post up a report how to do it and what to do to get them fitted out with rubber eye guards again.Performance vise on my F9 they are sharp,dont vignette and if pair of 24mm pans are too costly then these will be a direct alternative with a total cost for both at around 120 quid new and i would recommend them.As for the pair of 16mm,you dont need to strip them,they are very impressive in binos for planetary.I have not tried yet the pairs of BGO`s as i just got them but i am in the middle of replacing my focuser to a 2.5" moonlite as such a proper report on maxvisions and BGO pairs with binos will follow in a couple of weeks time.Also so far i had to use the OCS to get the binos into focus where after installing new focuser i will not need any and binos will work in native focal length.Thats my impressions in short and hope it helps.Anything else,,you can PM me any time.

And btw,your scope collection is very interesting.Some very serious instruments there :)

Edited by Dude_with_the_tube

common issue with binoviewers is the interocular distance and not many will have that 72mm you have Michael ;)  that fat body of MV will not allow most people to get nose in between the eye pieces and as such you will have to strip them off that thick rubber housing.

MV to be honest is really the cheapest 68 degree option out there with alternatives being: Ex Sc 24mm and 24mm pans. Both of these have smaller housing and should work for all.

As i said,unfortunately i am replacing the focuser unit on my scope as i really dislike it not only in bino but also in single EP mode and fingers crossed this should not take too long.Once i have it,i promise,i will do a proper report to you guys about the MV and BGO performance in binoviewers.

Small update on my cases.Got a binoviewer now and that one sits in the big case together with 2" Baader/Zeiss prism,ExSc 30mm,telrad and a pair or max visions 24 and 16mm (trialling them).

other pic is my "Precious" case with 2 full sets of BGO's and a set of Meade research grade orthos and Erfles.Does look like a serious ortho addiction :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice setup Dude!

I did post mine months ago. I have now decided I will not post an updated version until it's close to some of these later collections, I'm sure this thread will still be going then, I reckon about 10-15 years.

Digger, if you've made some changes worth showing, go ahead and post them. This thread should not be just about high end kit, anyone should feel able to share what they have put together and be proud of it.

Plenty of members get lovely views and achieve some great observing feats with comparatively modest kit, good on them I say.

• Like 4

I am in the process of doing a new case, i bought a larger box, got the foam, i had planned to get all my EP`s in the one case but looks like i will have to use the new one for 1.25, and the old one for my humble 2" set, should get it done tomorrow

• Like 1

I am in the process of doing a new case, i bought a larger box, got the foam, i had planned to get all my EP`s in the one case but looks like i will have to use the new one for 1.25, and the old one for my humble 2" set, should get it done tomorrow

I've currently got 3 cases :rolleyes2:

Each year I resolve to get down to 5 or so eyepieces that meet all my needs but I'm weak when bargains come up :undecided:

• Like 3

Each year I resolve to get down to 5 or so eyepieces that meet all my needs but I'm weak when bargains come up :undecided:

I did have three but sold a load of very lovely Delos, Radian and Pentax eps to raise some cash, in part for the Vixen. The Leica was compensation for them [emoji6].

I do miss them sometimes and will replace at some point down the line.

• Like 1

I am hoping I am where you want to be, a half dozen decent nights should tell me if i am there.

(Let you know in 2017 then  :grin: )

I did have three but sold a load of very lovely Delos, Radian and Pentax eps to raise some cash, in part for the Vixen. The Leica was compensation for them [emoji6].

I do miss them sometimes and will replace at some point down the line.

Sounds sensible Stu. I ought to be more diciplined.

I am hoping I am where you want to be, a half dozen decent nights should tell me if i am there.

(Let you know in 2017 then  :grin: )

I'm sure you will do it Steve :smiley:

Trouble is, I like eyepieces too much - they sort of call to me from the classifieds :embarrassed:

• Like 1

Sounds sensible Stu. I ought to be more diciplined.

Don't be. It was a painful experience....

These have all gone to new homes, hopefully being enjoyed still though. It did break my habit of never letting go of anything!

d7c7370b03f6f72defa1b1a9020cbcd8.jpg

It's a funny thing though, I still really enjoy using my Orthos instead, no idea why!!

• Like 2

I'm sure you will do it Steve  :smiley:

Trouble is, I like eyepieces too much - they sort of call to me from the classifieds  :embarrassed:

I am currently past the first stage of hobby phase of wanting all the good stuff and sod the cost, now I am in my 2nd phase of do I really need all this stuff and will something not so expensive do the job almost as wel without killing the bank account. The next phase is either find another hobby or erm, actually never been to the next phase in a hobby, I say!!!!

Edited by bomberbaz
  • Like 1

Once I settle into my new collection and I am happy, I am going to make a thread and detail what I have and why I have it. It will be a cathartic way of justifying why I have a few hundred quid (previously a few thousand) of glass. 

Just need some clear skies, oh wait erm  :confused:

We say this over and over again but it's dead true, eyepiece selection is a very personal thing.

Sometimes though you need to go on a "journey" to know where you want to be. Sounds like you have done just that Steve :smiley:

• Like 1