Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stunning NASA Lunar Movie

John

I believe NASA have released this to coincide with the "International Observe the Moon" event. It's a movie which is created from LRO imagery and set to Debussy's "Clair do Lune". Well worth 4 minutes of your time I reckon :icon_biggrin:

On 27/10/2018 at 19:29, Ricochet said:

I imagine it must take quite a bit of computer power to render such a realistic animation. The combination of the music with the visuals is really good, I played it several times. ?

Unless I've misunderstood something (quite possible), I though the point was that this was real images taken by the LRO satellite.

1 hour ago, michaelmorris said:

Unless I've misunderstood something (quite possible), I though the point was that this was real images taken by the LRO satellite.

If you click through to YouTube there is an explanation in the description. NASA have built a "digital 3D model" from satellite data and they have used that model to simulate what a geostationary satellite would see over a lunar day. 

4 hours ago, Ricochet said:

If you click through to YouTube there is an explanation in the description. NASA have built a "digital 3D model" from satellite data and they have used that model to simulate what a geostationary satellite would see over a lunar day. 

Okay, thanks.

Archived