NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

does anyone know how to switch the moon off!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a long piece of grubby  looking chord hanging from it that has a little white plastic traingle shaped tie up on the end..... just give it a tug and bobs your uncle ?

3 minutes ago, martinl said:

Make a project

It could make a nice animated gif. 

No, sorry, you fail to understand the fundamental relative laws of the universe as set out by Albert Murphy :

Once he makes a Project, he wont see it again,

for at least 7 lunations

3 hours ago, Pig said:

There is a long piece of grubby  looking chord hanging from it that has a little white plastic traingle shaped tie up on the end..... just give it a tug and bobs your uncle ?

Huh, all I can see is 8 octans oktas of wet blanket, no need to tug anything,

except the top off this bottle , ,  hic.

1 minute ago, MarsG76 said:

Few Tsar bomba's should turn it off.. but before turning off, I think there would be consequences worse than a bright moon or cloudy nights.

My professor of nuclear reactor physics claimed to have asked one of the people involved in the Tsar bomba project how the test pilots dropping the bomb managed to survive. 

“Barely.”

Was the terse Russian response...

Ha filter will solve this issue. The cheapest option is to make a decision that you are going to image the moon. This will cause large amount of cloud to appear and the moon light will no longer be an issue.

I recently decided to image orion but first had a pa my mount. 1st clear night showed this constellation in all it glory but cloud in the west made my drift align in RA a real pain and took all my time up. Next clear night my western view was crystal clear but orion was covered all night in cloud..go figure!!!

1 hour ago, martinl said:

My professor of nuclear reactor physics claimed to have asked one of the people involved in the Tsar bomba project how the test pilots dropping the bomb managed to survive. 

“Barely.”

Was the terse Russian response...

In mother Russia you don't drop the Tsar bomba... the Tsar Bomba drop you...

22 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Invest in a 3nm Ha filter and go mono deep sky imaging despite the Moon.

By the way, it's raining here and I don't have a filter for that ...............

Would it have to be 3nm, 7 or 12 would not do it?

Archived