Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello

louismark

Hey all new comer to this forum, i haven't as of yet got a telescope but this will soon change lol, i've been more of a photographer in the past and it was the last supermoon i was trying to get a good shot with my camera. This started me off on looking at more of the night sky. As you can see its not brilliant but this was with a canon 40d and a tamron 150 to 600mm lens. The thing is when i was watching it through live view on the camera screen i was fascinated by it and this is where my journey into astronomy has started :) 

moon-1.thumb.jpg.5907f648db5053c5774c70b702164469.jpg

Welcome from land down under

We have a combination of factors happening on the 31st Jan

Blue moon, Super moon, and lunar eclipse

Why a second full moon in a month is called a blue moon, is beyond me

Just something which snuck in during the 1990's

The moon has know to appear blue due to particles in the atmosphere, caused by dust storms, wild fires and volcanic activity

None has anything to do with the moon been blue when have a second moon in a month

Happy imaging everyone, and looking forward to seeing images posted on here

My own club is holding a public viewing night, as well as members imaging the eclipse

John

• 2 weeks later...

Archived