Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

12 hours ago, JamesF said:

Eastern time is five hours behind GMT?  So that means the Falcon 9 launch is scheduled for about 4:30pm tomorrow afternoon for us?

James

Scheduled to launch at16.21 GMT, unfortunately I shall be out then and miss it.

Dave

Went to my spot in the driveway, hoping.

Turned out the clouds blocked me from seeing anything, but I did watch the live feed.

One thing I did see though was the neighbors house in line with where I aim the camera had a very bright light on in their barn.

That and the fire station behind me made it hard to even try and let my eyes adapt.

And yes, like others have said, the idea I can watch a launch live on my phone is so amazing! Makes me think of the old first television my dad bought.

Round screen, we were only getting one or two channels that mostly showed snow! How things have changed in my life!!

2 hours ago, Davey-T said:

Scheduled to launch at16.21 GMT, unfortunately I shall be out then and miss it.

Dave

That's what I thought, but SpaceX don't have their coverage starting until 17:20 GMT now.  It looks like there has been an hour's delay.

James

On 10/12/2020 at 00:13, maw lod qan said:

I also noticed a couple sputters in the engine flame on ascent, then it appeared one engine shut down, but that shutdown could have been planned.

It was planned to maintain the thrust to weight ratio as fuel was burned.

Steve

I went three blocks to my childhood home to haul off a large branch that fell.

At my viewing area in the driveway, I see the light in the neighbors barn is one of the sensor controlled ones that will be on all night!😖😞😞

Looks like I'll be looking for another spot to view rocket launches!

Like Gomez Addams asked "HAS THE PLANET GONE MAD!!"

SpaceX are now saying:

"SpaceX is standing down from Friday’s launch attempt of the SXM-7 mission to perform additional ground system checkouts; teams are working toward no earlier than Sunday, December 13 for the next launch attempt of SXM-7."

James

• Like 1