Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Live rocket launch

Peco4321

25 minutes ago, Steve Clay said:

What a awesome sight. Been watching the live feed. Like something out of thunderbirds.

When it's really like Thunderbirds is when you get two boosters landing back on the pads together.

James

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mognet said:

That has to be one of the coolest rocket photos I've ever seen. Probably not safe to launch them both at once though

I've had it on all day in the background and you're right - it is something not been done before.

But, launching 2 together we'll probably not see for a long time. BUT - one day we might.

Seeing 1 take off again and actually land will be something else though. And what next?! Suborbital flight then land?

Exciting times.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 22:09, JamesF said:

When it's really like Thunderbirds is when you get two boosters landing back on the pads together.

James

That’s really amazing. I remember watching the first time they landed two boosters (but lost the main core on the drone ship). The double sonic boom as they raced back down was incredible.