Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi Wi-Fi Alt-Azimuth mount

On 28/07/2017 at 18:03, RobertI said:

I'm quite excited by this, looks like it has been designed as an ultra quick setup, portable goto mount. No wires needed. I think one of these with Skysense and a 6" SCT or small frac could be the business. Sensible price too. 

If it works well with SkySense?

Will it work with Wifi AND the SkySense handset or do you have to use one or the other?

Me thinks my order will be in soon..

On 2017-8-1 at 11:40, FLO said:

Star Adventurers aren't supposed to do that, did you purchase it from FLO? 

I'm not sure, it was over four years ago.  I will have to look through my accounts.  All I can say is it would have been through PayPal, but I cannot find it online.

Have looked through my receipts, but as it was over 4 years ago I have most likely thrown it out.

Edited by oobydooby
Added some more info

On 01/08/2017 at 14:28, Bigwings said:

If it works well with SkySense?

Will it work with Wifi AND the SkySense handset or do you have to use one or the other?

Me thinks my order will be in soon..

Sky safari 5 works with star sense and no handset so I would expect this mount will too. Leave the starsense handset in the box and let sky safari control the starsense hardware.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oobydooby said:

I'm not sure, it was over four years ago.  I will have to look through my accounts.  All I can say is it would have been through PayPal, but I cannot find it online.

Have looked through my receipts, but as it was over 4 years ago I have most likely thrown it out.

The Star Adventurer arrived in the UK Oct 2014, nearly three years ago, so it isn't quite as old as you think, unless you purchased it from a dealer in another country. 

Please PM me your surname and postcode, I will then know if it's one of ours :smile: 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 2

On 02/08/2017 at 21:00, FLO said:

Please PM me your surname and postcode, I will then know if it's one of ours :smile: 

Thank-you for your PM, we found several orders from you but unfortunately not one for a Star Adventurer. It appears you purchased that elsewhere. 

Most ecommerce retailers auto-email order confirmations, try searching your emails for 'Star Adventurer'. When contacted your supplier might baulk at it's age but perhaps be persuaded to source replacement parts for you. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FLO said:

Thank-you for your PM, we found several orders from you but unfortunately not one for a Star Adventurer. It appears you purchased that elsewhere. 

Most ecommerce retailers auto-email order confirmations, try searching your emails for 'Star Adventurer'. When contacted your supplier might baulk at it's age but perhaps be persuaded to source replacement parts for you. 

HTH, 

Steve 

Thanks for making the effort. I've tried just about everything to figure out where I purchased it to no avail.

I only use it to carry my 35mm Lunt solar scope, so batteries last a long time, and I am intending to get one of these new wifi mounts and tripod in a few weeks time, but I will make sure i get it from a reputable dealer who I know looks after it's customers, FLO looks most promising in this respect. :thumbsup:

Thanks

• Like 1

Just bought the mount from Flo today,, I'm a Skywatcher fan and was looking for a more portable mount ,, in my opinion from an eq3 pro and a Skywatcher allview.

I had three options,in my mind.

The Skywatcher adventurer

Skywatcher adventurer mini

The az gti

Nothing against the adventurer , just never fancied it.

The Skywatcher mini looked like a mount I could use with my kit,, but was put off by a post that said the bolt holding the dovetail was a bit suspect and the chap stripped the alloy threads in the mount,, kiss of death in my view.

The az gti seems to just give you a little bit more for not a lot more money,, freedom encoders,, so will work manually, goto function from WiFi and app,, phone or tablet,, a synscan handset port as well.

For me it will be a nice mount for video Astronomy,, will hold an ed80 and DSLR and running byeos/DSS/astrotoaster it should work quite nice,,

Davy

• Like 1

On 28/07/2017 at 22:58, DRT said:

So can I fit that pier and the mount to my Berlebach tripod in place of the EQ5 pier that sits on it today?

On 28/07/2017 at 23:02, Helen said:

Not without an adapter (eg the Berlebach one).  The pier also has just a 3/8 fixing - so will fit on a photo tripod.

Helen

On 28/07/2017 at 23:10, Helen said:

FLO are going to start stocking them :wink2:

Helen

TaDa :smile: 

Berlebach 3/8" Photo Adapter for EQ5/HEQ5 

Berlebach_Photo_Adapter_for_EQ5_HEQ5_1.j

Thank-you for the suggestion, Helen. 

Steve 

• Like 2

Unfortunately the new AZ GTi mount has sold out. 

There are no more remaining at the distributors warehouse either.

There are some AZ GTi bundles remaining but the mount-only option will be unavailable until the next shipment. We have requested an ETA. 

This situation affects all UK retailers. 

17 minutes ago, JonC said:

Any idea what cable is needed to connect this to a synscan hand controller? The handcontroller is RJ45

According to the manual the port on the mount is RJ-12

On 31/07/2017 at 12:47, DRT said:

the M10 to 3/8th adapters seem to be twice that price :rolleyes2: 

On 31/07/2017 at 12:55, FLO said:

We will be offering Berlebach ones, if you find a cheaper (well made) option please say :smile: 

@FLO - it might be worthwhile stocking some of these alongside the Berlebach M10 to 3/8ths adapters as some tripods might just need a replacement bolt to do the job :wink: 

59930e9891e00_ScreenShot2017-08-15at16_08_49.png.97a6a6814b6795a527cda72612032c43.png

Edited by DRT

On 8/19/2017 at 21:43, Marti75 said:

Hello,

My name is Marcin and just trying to pick up the mount for sct 6 xlt. Do you think those 2 might work together? Regards 

Untitled3.jpg

Hi Marcin, the tripod that comes as standard seems to be the weak point with these mounts. From some of the reports I've heard, I would say the C6 would be too much unless the the tripod was upgraded. The mount head itself does look fantastic, so it might be worth the upgrade? but

It would be interesting to hear what actual owners think of mounting a C6 on the AZ-gti?  

• Like 1