Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher AZ-GTi Wi-Fi Alt-Azimuth mount

On 15/08/2017 at 13:49, FLO said:

Unfortunately the next shipment is 6-8 weeks away, late-Sept/early-Oct :sad2:

They must have under-estimated it's popularity. 

They have them in stock on the telescopehouse.co.uk. just ordered mine and its being delivered on Tuesday.

21 minutes ago, paulibbitson said:

They have them in stock on the telescopehouse.co.uk. just ordered mine and its being delivered on Tuesday.

Welcome to SGL paulibbitson, it is good to hear you found one ?

I will be very impressed if they deliver it to you tomorrow/Tuesday. 

Steve 

5 hours ago, FLO said:

Welcome to SGL paulibbitson, it is good to hear you found one ?

I will be very impressed if they deliver it to you tomorrow/Tuesday. 

Steve 

So will I be impressed. I thought it was Sunday today, completley forgot it was bank holiday Monday. It will be here for Wednesday in that case, next day delivery.

Edited by paulibbitson

25 minutes ago, paulibbitson said:

I thought it was Sunday today

I don't think they are open Sunday either. 

Sky-Watcher's UK dustributer sold out two weeks ago so I am surprised to hear Telescope House have stock remaining. Although, TH are owned by Bresser GmbH (Germany) so perhaps they sourced some from them. However they did it, congratulations on having found one ?

Steve 

10 minutes ago, FLO said:

I don't think they are open Sunday either. 

Sky-Watcher's UK dustributer sold out two weeks ago so I am surprised to hear Telescope House have stock remaining. Although, TH are owned by Bresser GmbH (Germany) so perhaps they sourced some from them. However they did it, congratulations on having found one ?

Steve 

Thanks, it still says that they have stock on their website.

15 hours ago, paulibbitson said:

Thanks, it still says that they have stock on their website.

This morning their website says they are out of stock, I think you had better contact them for an update.

Steve 

1 hour ago, FLO said:

Did you receive one today? 

I sure did, just got to wait for the clouds to clear now. I found out today from telescopehouse that they dont have stock of just the mount on its own but they have stock supplied with an OTA.

received_10213735023676022.jpeg

29 minutes ago, paulibbitson said:

I found out today from telescopehouse that they dont have stock of just the mount on its own but they have stock supplied with an OTA.

Ah, now it makes sense. So you upgraded to one of the bundles. Good choice :smile: 

All the bundles are available. 

18 minutes ago, FLO said:

Ah, that makes sense. So you upgraded to one of the bundles. Good choice :smile: 

All the bundles are available. 

I have just had a quick look on the telescopehouse website and they have the 130 Newtonian (£365) and the one i have which is the 102 Mak (£385) and both come with the mount as a bundle.

10 minutes ago, paulibbitson said:

I have just had a quick look on the telescopehouse website and they have the 130 Newtonian (£365) and the one i have which is the 102 Mak (£385) and both come with the mount as a bundle.

You forgot the 127 AZ-GTi (£495). They have that too :smile: 

All the bundles are readily available. 

My regards to Dave & Kerin. 

• Haha 1

They do look to be popular. I have just had a quick look at the moon from my garden as it is the only object looking at me through the clouds and the tripod seems as sturdy as it is good looking. I like the fact that there is a level built into the tripod and one on the top of the mount. Some people may think "whats the point" but it means that the mount can be easily used on other tripods and still have the ability to make sure it is level. The slew speeds are good from 1 to 9 and there apears to be no lag through the wifi connection when using my phone as the controller (Android OS). I will update once i get a clear night and am able to test the alignment and subsequent goto. But so far i am very happy.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/09/2017 at 14:28, disciplus55 said:

Can you tell us more about the tracking, stability, etc... ? I am curious...

Sure, I find it very stable but I have only had it out in calm weather. I like the tubing and twist grip to extend and tighten the legs. Once the two star align has been completed it gets everything I want to go to in the eyepiece it's then just a matter of centering it a few times and from then on it centers and tracks very well I find. I have only been doing astronomy for a few months now and this is my first "goto" mount and it is well worth the money in my eyes. For anyone interested in AP I borrowed my aunties dslr and after two nights playing around I concentrated on M27 Dumbbell and took 47 x 25 second exposures at 1600 ISO with my 90mm Meade Refractor on the AZ-GTi mount and stacked in Deep Sky Stacker For a first attempt I'm quite happy and I think it shows, in my amateurish way, how well the mount performs.

Dumbbell Stacked Darker (jpeg).jpg

• Like 2

Having see one at a show, I'd be surprised if it was as stable as an eq5, even with a better tripod. It's stated capacity is considerably less too. I still like the look of it though  and would consider one in addition to my CG5, but not instead of.

Edited by RobertI
  • Like 1

The mount is available in spain. Here is a picture of my new grab n go set up. It seems sturdy enough to carry my SV 90 triplet (about 5.5 k with diagonal and eyepiece)

However I am expiriencing some issues with the mount and, probably it will have to be replaced.IMG_20170926_163222.thumb.jpg.7feb772a0eff6c2dee6618e765850dcf.jpg

On 19/09/2017 at 16:06, paulibbitson said:

Good afternoon,

i have had this mount for 3 weeks now and i am over the moon with it.

Does anyone know of any PC software that can run this scope over wifi as Synscan doesnt have a PC version of their software?

Telescopehouse would be the best to advise on this I would have thought?