Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

nice scope on ebay

Seafury

6 hours ago, swamp thing said:

You can buy one of NIkon's big prime lenses for that sort of money.

Must be a mistake. 

Tend to agree with you Steve, I can't see how any 4" apo would justify that kind of price

I think the price is down to it's rarity and that the scope is probably one of the finest 4" scopes that were ever available. Here is the sellers website page for the same scope:

http://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/onstock/nikon-100-mm-f-1200-mm-ed-apo-refractor-telescope.html?info=361080

It's a lot of money for a 4" scope I agree though. My Tak FC100DL was quite a bit less but I didn't get a mount with it :rolleyes2:

I reckon my 100 Quid 300 p would outperform it in most areas, the most important areas for me. I just don't get it. Would I have it as a gift ? you bet. Would I sell it and get some more important imaging equipment you bet. Got to be loaded to want a rare 4 inch scope me thinks

Whats wrong with people owning really nice equipment to pursue the hobby with ? :icon_scratch:

There has been low, mid, high and very high cost equipment around for years - same with all hobbies I reckon.

6 minutes ago, John said:

Whats wrong with people owning really nice equipment to pursue the hobby with ? :icon_scratch:

There has been low, mid, high and very high cost equipment around for years - same with all hobbies I reckon.

and it's a piece of art to boot. I'd rather that sitting in my smoking parlour than a mona lisa print :)

On 20/10/2016 at 21:16, Chris Lock said:

....If I had 8k for an Apo, I'd go APM or Tak and put the change into nice EP's and a holiday! :)

Can't really argue with that because thats what I've done this year !

On 20/10/2016 at 21:03, John said:

Nothing wrong at all -  as long as it gets used, otherwise its just a waste, imo.

2 hours ago, Roy Challen said:

Nothing wrong at all -  as long as it gets used, otherwise its just a waste, imo.

Fair point Roy :icon_salut:

My 5 scopes get used regularly. All have been out at least once over the past couple of months.

For UK skies, thats not too bad :rolleyes2:

Archived