Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

2 hours ago, IB20 said:

Interested to hear people’s views of the CQ extender module on the 76DCU. I’ve found the standard set-up pretty awesome to date but might prove beneficial for the planet season, particularly Mars?

Is it just more for easier higher magnifications?

I have a wish list of upgrades, but lots of other bits are in front of the extender unless I can be persuaded otherwise. 😅

As @Stusays in the post above, it really does both flatten the field and also tighten the stars up too.

For me it’s also meant that my 1.25” eyepiece set (XWs) have a more useful magnfication range too, rather than topping out at 160x. I find that my Taks tend to be able to take more magnification than usual, so nice to have the option without breaking out other eyepieces 👍

One minor downside, the scope is a bit longer and so (very) slightly more unwieldy when carrying outside, but no issue at all for me… it’s one corridor and two doors.

Excellent review of this combination here… http://www.scopeviews.co.uk/TakFC-76Q.htm

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, powerlord said:

Hoi, less of the cheek! This is my state of the art observatory made from composite material I'll have you know!

🤪

Tee hee, with the added bonus of being able to enjoy a paddle whilst observing 😉

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

As @Stusays in the post above, it really does both flatten the field and also tighten the stars up too.

For me it’s also meant that my 1.25” eyepiece set (XWs) have a more useful magnfication range too, rather than topping out at 160x. I find that my Taks tend to be able to take more magnification than usual, so nice to have the option without breaking out other eyepieces 👍

One minor downside, the scope is a bit longer and so (very) slightly more unwieldy when carrying outside, but no issue at all for me… it’s one corridor and two doors.

Excellent review of this combination here… http://www.scopeviews.co.uk/TakFC-76Q.htm

I notice that Roger seems to have the full length (145mm) rear section from an FS60C on his setup. This may make life a little more difficult in terms of back focus. I use a 127mm tube from the FS60CB which does help, particularly with binoviewers.

8928ED08-9353-4EF8-8B26-FD40DADC99F5.png

57724F18-3732-43CC-B8D7-638DAE88E5B6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 26/03/2022 at 11:20, Stu said:

I notice that Roger seems to have the full length (145mm) rear section from an FS60C on his setup. This may make life a little more difficult in terms of back focus. I use a 127mm tube from the FS60CB which does help, particularly with binoviewers.

8928ED08-9353-4EF8-8B26-FD40DADC99F5.png

57724F18-3732-43CC-B8D7-638DAE88E5B6.jpeg

Oh yes indeed, you’re right… that’s interesting, as you know @Stumy extender came with the wrong tube length (145mm) and I can confirm that it doesn’t work when placed in the middle. I’m sure it has to be precisely placed (127mm) in order to make that doublet arrangement work 🤔

Doesn’t look like Roger is binoviewing and that Takahashi diagonal probably has a short optical path.

Having the longer tube at the rear will indeed lose some backfocus though. Hence why I’ve just ordered (and received) another 127mm tube for mine.

I am loving this FC-76Q 😃

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 4

Got my dual RASA8 rig with NBZ dual-band HaOiii filters aiming at a possible SNR that I by accident stumbled on two nights ago but only caught a bit of it. It seems never to have been imaged before. I hope the sky co-operates.....

Cheers, Göran

20220331_231347_resized.jpg

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 23.29.51.png

• Like 13

Out peering at the moon tonight with my new binoviewer. Lovely and clear until the cloud started drifting over around 21:00. Viewing with two eyes seems so comfortable and more immersive. The ST102 is set up as a supersized RACI finder with a 2" erecting prism diagonal,  works very well with usually a 35mm Panoptic giving a good field of view!

20220408_202214.thumb.jpg.2e3c545d8ac77c87450889e5fbea77cb.jpg

• Like 14

Here is a moonlight shot of my 10"RC riding on an AP900 mount perched on the recently constructed Todmorden pier at SRO. 

I was doing some equipment testing before the New Mexico trip at the end of the month.

10RC AP900 on Todmorden pier.JPG

Edited by CCD-Freak
  • Like 8

image.jpeg.c58e990b3b96b9c2750184d1e2a64447.jpeg

First light with this kit a couple of weekends ago - a dry run of sorts. Nearly an epic fail for not having read even the quick start guide on the Nexus. Did figure it out in the end and here i'm pointing at M53. Arcturus showing brightly on the left.

• Like 4

Roof off and the dual-RASA8 rig up and running, with a Samyang 135 piggybacking. To play it safe I've now got one lapttop per camera and another running the mount. Aiming at Sharpless 140 and I just wish that annoying moon was on the other side of the planet, but my IDAS NBZ filters are hopefully doing their best to ignore it. This will be one of the last sessions for the season - only 3 hours of astro darkness at night now here at 60°N🥴

Apparently my smartphone camera produces oval moons😄

Cheers, Göran

20220416_230918_resized.jpg

20220416_230541_resized.jpg

• Like 6

I miss a clear night like this…..

with my old mount, which has been absolutely fantastic. You do not get every day PE of 0.34!
Cannot wait to setup my new EQ6R over the forthcoming weeks and start imaging again.

AF0C0B21-FF71-4F59-A276-10B0AF84FF3B.jpeg

485D0641-4C5B-4026-8289-EEB8178D87BF.jpeg

• Like 6