SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

5 minutes ago, IB20 said:

Two nights in a row, and non school nights - superb.

Haven’t named my Tak yet, maybe I should have a naming competition? 🤔

856F3105-03BB-4672-9068-0DF39FCACFC4.jpeg

I’m not sure naming Taks makes any sense 🤣

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, IB20 said:

Two nights in a row, and non school nights - superb.

Haven’t named my Tak yet, maybe I should have a naming competition? 🤔

856F3105-03BB-4672-9068-0DF39FCACFC4.jpeg

Temptress?

Thriftkiller?? 

Threatener of Marriages??? (Tom for short)..

Just a few to start you off😋😊😂

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 18/03/2022 at 18:37, JeremyS said:

Dizzy ready for action 🤞🏻

98A6000C-9FC1-4850-84E6-F8376A31C58B.thumb.jpeg.f1ff687c4888e57cc2b6d6d7a0d7921d.jpeg

Lovely setup 😀

Interestingly, I've never tried my DZ on my grab and go setup (which is the same as yours)... is it reasonable steady and usable, I'm guessing so 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ags said:

On the island of La Palma.

Just had a quick peek - there is the obligatory hotel light on the balcony (no off switch), but the sky is dark through the telescope. Very good view of Orion. I've only packed two eyepieces - a 20 mm plossl and a 9 mm NLV - nostalgic drinking-straw views! 

Edited by Ags
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Lovely setup 😀

Interestingly, I've never tried my DZ on my grab and go setup (which is the same as yours)... is it reasonable steady and usable, I'm guessing so 🤔

Yes, it actually works surprisingly well. 
The excellent slo-mos made tracking Rigel the other night really easy. Super wide split

• Thanks 1

My new grab and go setup… the FC-76Q. Just a wonderful scope. The extender has flattened the field (even with the XW14 and Masuyama 26) 😃

Bit of teething troubles because I had the wrong tube length for the extender, so thanks to @Stu for help resolving that, but now it’s an awesome setup… much improved even from the original FC-76DCU 👍

FC5F3085-058D-4F33-9644-2511BC57A135.jpeg

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

My new grab and go setup… the FC-76Q. Just a wonderful scope. The extender has flattened the field (even with the XW14 and Masuyama 26) 😃

Bit of teething troubles because I had the wrong tube length for the extender, so thanks to @Stu for help resolving that, but now it’s an awesome setup… much improved even from the original FC-76DCU 👍

Dry nice setup Gary 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Dry nice setup Gary 👍🏻

I know you have the same scope @JeremyS and if you haven't tried the CQ Extender on it yet, I would highly recommend it... apart from being a tiny bit longer (and so be more mindful of the length when I carry it outside), it really does turn the scope from great to awesome 😁

I am keeping the FS-60CB now as a truly widefield and "finder" scope, as I'm not sure I'll put it back into FS-60Q configuration much now that I have this setup for that purpose 🤔

BTW The Masuyama 26mm (which lives in the case with my other main 1.25" eyepieces... XWs and Masuyama 16) is fantastic in this scope configuration.... such a lovely wide, sparkling, bright field and pretty much flat too... Pleaides is sublime through this 👍

Edited by HollyHound
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

I know you have the same scope @JeremyS and if you haven't tried the CQ Extender on it yet, I would highly recommend it... apart from being a tiny bit longer (and so be more mindful of the length when I carry it outside), it really does turn the scope from great to awesome 😁

I am keeping the FS-60CB now as a truly widefield and "finder" scope, as I'm not sure I'll put it back into FS-60Q configuration much now that I have this setup for that purpose 🤔

BTW The Masuyama 26mm (which lives in the case with my other main 1.25" eyepieces... XWs and Masuyama 16) is fantastic in this scope configuration.... such a lovely wide, sparkling, bright field and pretty much flat too... Pleaides is sublime through this 👍

Yup, I’ve got a CQ extender for the FC 76 👍🏻
Interesting re the Masuyama 26 👍🏻

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HollyHound said:

Looks great Gary, glad you got sorted.

I actually find the extra length of the Q makes balancing easier when using my Coolwedge and binoviewers, plus it looks fab :) 

• Thanks 1