Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Show us your set up in action at night.

Peco4321

I got out for the first time in a while for a short look at the moon, through cloud, obviously. This was with the Stella Mira 125mm, 15mm SLVs, Binoviewers, a 2.6x gpc and T2 prism diagonal.

20240318_202856.thumb.jpg.2c3ca15bcdbaff81808880351f63b272.jpg

• Like 17

42 minutes ago, Paz said:

I got out for the first time in a while for a short look at the moon, through cloud, obviously. This was with the Stella Mira 125mm, 15mm SLVs, Binoviewers, a 2.6x gpc and T2 prism diagonal.

20240318_202856.thumb.jpg.2c3ca15bcdbaff81808880351f63b272.jpg

Whoa! this would be classified as a yard cannon!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, IB20 said:

Ain’t it glorious having a grab n go scope. Poking through those cloud gaps…

IMG_7022.jpeg

Just seen your pic for tonight: snap!
Looks like we both grabbed and went 😊

• Haha 1

Thinking about it, I should have put my Powertank light somewhere other than just on the ground to illuminate this picture, but oh well. Pointing at Comet Pons-Brooks with the moon and sea behind. 

_20240324_205732.thumb.JPG.f472ac7e76722a32b3b1723b2ecbc2ac.JPG

• Like 13

Spot the schoolboy error about to happen in this picture - setting up a bit earlier than usual to have a look at Mercury then Comet Pons-Brooks.

Yep I did try and observe Mercury pointing over the bonnet of my car. Doh!

IMG_5036.thumb.jpeg.bdeefebb8d96866b1526fddbe6ca42eb.jpeg

The Berlebach Nix II does have a brilliant high perch “Mercury” setting though 👌🏻

• Like 17

My collection at PAS , of a beautiful Vixen SD115S means that I am done, happy, and contented, for sure, and for the rest of my natural etc,etc

At the moment I still have my ED103S and felt the same with that, but I was always aware of the bigger sibling.  I had a hand in Dave's ( F15 Rules ) acquisition of his , quite without knowing it, and he has reciprocated because he had suggested how good  it would be to find a discounted one at the show.  On the strength of that I rang Bresser and asked and to my amazement they did, at a tremendous discount.

They are both in perfect balance and a spell of decent sky will allow me to  align them accurately.

Dave liked it, even the ' blingy thingy ' on the Vixen, he said , but I like red, my car is red, unfortunately not a ferrari red ferrari....🤣

IMG_3288.JPG

IMG_3289.JPG

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Joe. 

Your payment to me for the Berlebach Nix II , of course, went into the ' pot ' to purchase the Vixen 115....:thumbsup:

Edited by Saganite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Superb looking setup Steve 🫡🫡.

I'll be fascinated to get your thoughts in due course regarding a comparison between your Superfox 115mm and the big APM 150mm..

I suspect they will both complement each other in different ways...but if only one survives longer term..my money is on the Vixen!😁😁

Dave

• Thanks 1

Steve @Saganite  V V nice set up for sure. I do like the “ bling” if I’m honest. Had some nice Primaluce rings etc on a SW ED 150 I had a while back. Looked fab !! 
I can’t quite convince myself my FS128 would benefit from some red accents. 
Enjoy the views. As already noted. A report would be a great read. 
John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Final test before going anywhere. 

Preparation for M81 and M82. The small rig contains an ASI2600MC-Pro and a Carl Zeiss Jena DDR 135mm F/3.5 @ F/5.6. The lens is thanks to @Franklin, while both an ADM clamp and a long Losmandy plate are thanks to @steppenwolf.

IMG_20240329_000053__01__01.thumb.jpg.a02cf6a7501bf82c8c0c7ac17f862494.jpg

Edited by Vroobel
  • Like 13

• 2 weeks later...