SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is Three a Crowd ? Ethos

Pig

Ok one final Ethos purchase before Christmas for me :happy11: after reading the many positive reviews posted on SGL I went for the 8mm :happy6: All I have to do now is wait for Monday's post.

I have decided to stick with the 5 & 3.5mm XW's as I am not sure if there is any mileage in replacing them as yet, they are very good high power Lunar & Planetary eyepieces.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

didn't take you long to get goin!....the 8 is such a great ethos, steve sparked my interest in it by the many positive comments under the elan cloud!...powermating this on globs in my scope is a stand-out event of a nights observing...clear skies! 

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Never tried an 8mm, but I think in large dobs they really do come into their own.

I think you might have had a peek through mine at the Solar eclipse last year in the Lunt 50 :wink:

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Never tried an 8mm, but I think in large dobs they really do come into their own.

The Dob will be along soon enough :icon_biggrin:

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nail on head there Stu.....the bigger the dob  the more involved you become with the sky.....it's like looking out of James .T Kirks window of the millennium buzzard.....

2 minutes ago, estwing said:

Nail on head there Stu.....the bigger the dob  the more involved you become with the sky.....it's like looking out of James .T Kirks window of the millennium buzzard.....

I would argue with that particular point Calv, but I know what you are trying to say ;) 

59 minutes ago, Stu said:

I would argue with that particular point Calv, but I know what you are trying to say ;) 

Stu - Maybe your dob isn't big enough???

I had some of the most immersive views with my little ED80 and a 21mm Ethos and a dark site. I could see a vast expanse of Milky Way with superhuman eyesight!

That said. I love my Dobs.

Paul

1 hour ago, Pig said:

The Dob will be along soon enough :icon_biggrin:

nice one shaun, what are you buying and what size ?

congrats on the 8e its awsome

didnt you have a 10mm xw ? i will buy it if you have

Congrats on expanding the Ethos fleet Shaun :icon_biggrin:

The 6mm and 4.7mm are superb as well but you don't want to know that :evil4:

I expect I'll splash out on the 3.7 soon before the TV sale ends. I've not seen one on the used market for ages.

2 hours ago, Paul73 said:

Stu - Maybe your dob isn't big enough???

I had some of the most immersive views with my little ED80 and a 21mm Ethos and a dark site. I could see a vast expanse of Milky Way with superhuman eyesight!

That said. I love my Dobs.

Paul

That was all I was saying; that immersive views are not exclusive to big dobs. A 4" frac with 3.5 degree field and the whole Veil is pretty amazing. Plenty of ways to enjoy this hobby.

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

immersive views are not exclusive to big dobs.

Shhhhh!

Don't say that in front of the Dob Mob, Stu, otherwise they will start buying up all those lovely fracs! :eek:

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

That was all I was saying; that immersive views are not exclusive to big dobs. A 4" frac with 3.5 degree field and the whole Veil is pretty amazing. Plenty of ways to enjoy this hobby.

your fighting a losing battle mate... you know them dob mobbers have tunnel vision :evil4:

Just now, Scott said:

your fighting a losing battle mate... you know them dob mobbers have tunnel vision :evil4:

True enough Scott, just don't want everyone thinking you have to have a big dob to enjoy the sky, that just isn't true.

6 hours ago, faulksy said:

nice one shaun, what are you buying and what size ?

congrats on the 8e its awsome

didnt you have a 10mm xw ? i will buy it if you have

Just sold it Mike.... Sorry :glasses1:

Archived