Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is Three a Crowd ? Ethos

Pig

10 hours ago, jetstream said:

Shaun, you do realize that nothing out contrasts my 10mm Ethos on galaxies right? :grin: pretty dang nice on M42's swirling green marbled core too :hiding:

:cheesy:

Stop it Gerry there will be no teasing left to do,plus the bloke hasn't got the big mirror yet!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on a great new EP. I have looked through Olly's 13E in his 20" Dob ("Sir Isaac" to friends ;)), but actually preferred my Nagler 12T4, simply due to eye relief (otherwise my Nagler collection would be history).  I can fully understand you wanting to keep the XWs on planetary and lunar duty. I have the 5, 7 and 10 and they are absolutely stunning

1 hour ago, Pig said:

From what I read about OO I may have to order it now if I want it for Jan 2017?

just do it shaun, on the 20" its only 800 quid down, then 10 weeks later you pick it up, well thats what they told me, you could tell they were lying because there lips were moving :icon_biggrin:

Gerry it is interesting you say that as I find I use my 10mm more than the 8mm which Calvin swears by, I am sure this nothing more than different F/L scopes. However I feel Shaun will have most of the range by the middle of next month:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:, I am still resisting the 4.7mm only on the grounds that it will not see that much use.

That and the shorter one (3.7mm) would only really come into their own on my other scopes and the simple truth is they do not get out much since the 18 inch came by, I tend to use the 12 inch SC more now than before and on that both 110 degree eyepieces offer large cricket scores by way of magnification.

Archived