Hold the presses Mars visible to the naked eye !

Davey-T

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

:grin:

I'm always amazed that the dusty humanoids of the Praying Ghost haven't made it onto the Woo Woo circuit. Why won't NASA admit that they have known for years about two stranded aliens desperatately pleading for help while lost in space on an elephant-like creature with coiled trunk?

VdB141%20GHOST%20NEBULA%2020%20HRS-L.jpg

Olly

Mmmmmmm not sure Olli, I don't like the look of the one on the right, looks like its giving out "the Bird"!   Probably best not to associate ourselves with galactic roughian's! lets just cross the street and walk a bit faster..

And of course the original article suggests to Joe Public that Mars will be big enough in the sky to see massive detail; a couple of cycles back when Abingdon AS did an open evening near Oxford for a close Mars approach scope viewing session (it was still very low in the sky), so many people were disappointed they could only see a small disk..

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

I'm always amazed that the dusty humanoids of the Praying Ghost haven't made it onto the Woo Woo circuit. Why won't NASA admit that they have known for years about two stranded aliens desperatately pleading for help while lost in space on an elephant-like creature with coiled trunk?

Olly

The Ghostbusters refused to go and help  them out Olly, because Nasa flatly refused  pay  Mileage expenses.

7 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Wooow wait a minute, if we can see mars naked eye, doesn't that mean that the Martian's can see us naked eye..... best go hide under a desk and wait for it to pass! :unsure:

I think you're overly concerned.  I'd be far more worried about the alien base on the far side of the moon. lol :icon_biggrin:

Went out around 0100, had a nice hour with the binocs and Jupiter, Mars and Saturn in nice view - Pluto being a tad beyond my seeing - its these times I yearn for a decent scope...

I know summer isn't the best time for stargazing, but there is somehting pleasing about being out at that time in t-shirt and shorts ;-)

9 hours ago, Starwiz said:

I think you're overly concerned.  I'd be far more worried about the alien base on the far side of the moon. lol :icon_biggrin:

Hold the phone.... I thought the moon was a hologram, how can they build on it <<<< Mind = Blown>>> :happy3:

After all the hype Mars was indeed visible to the naked eye and probably the best way to see it as it was almost unviewable through the scope due to terrible seeing.

Dave

18 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Olly

is it just me, or is that a "rock on" symbol on the left?

It gets worse.. Peeps on fb feeds are pushing the beyond laughable notion that Saturn will be visible on 1st June, filling half the sky - visible at different times for Europe and the UK...

I have always hated newspapers , even more when I see stupid stories like this!

I work around people's houses and the amount of customers who follow me round reciting what they read in the Sun, Mirror, etc. I feel like just telling them to shut up and visit a library and learn how the world really works!! LOL

Sorry, rant over, I feel better now. Off to work and when everybody finds out what my hobby is, the questions I get asked  and what they think are unbelieveable . I'll have to do a thread on that one day! ;)

Anyway I went out and saw Mars and it looked so close I felt like I could reach up and touch it!!! LOL

On 23 May 2016 at 16:33, Fozzie said:

Mmmmmmm not sure Olli, I don't like the look of the one on the right, looks like its giving out "the Bird"!   Probably best not to associate ourselves with galactic roughian's! lets just cross the street and walk a bit faster..

I thought it was the Carina Nebula that was the roughian? ?

I once saw a version of this where the 'finger' had been edited out to avoid offending people! How mad is that?

image.jpeg

Dear oh dear, my wife has to routinely trawl through every daily newspaper for her job on a daily basis, and the Independent saps her will to live more than most. She describes it as "glorified click-bait".

A more tempting headline might read; "Millions of years of evolution results in little more than daily periodical publication stating the obvious, again."

• 1 month later...

Dragging up an old thread I know, but you may not be aware that Jupiter is also visible!!.   From todays Telegraph we have: "Little is known about the huge gas giant which is so big it can be seen from Earth without a telescope...."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/04/juno-mission-everything-you-need-to-know-about-nasas-daring-miss/

SR.

Archived