Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Nottingham

banners

Hello to all, I'm Steve (yet another - there's loads of us!) quite a noob to telescopes but have spent a little time with some cheap binoculars in the Peak District - Padley Gorge / Ringinlow.

I've been thinking of getting a telescope for a year or 2, found a cheap ebay listed Jessops 1100-102 (I think) and although not well received, did a great job of allowing me a first real taste of seeing Jupiter and her moons - I was very pleasantly surprised. I've been looking through the great posts on here to hopefully get more out of the budget special. On my android 'phone I use Star Walk 2 to help locate and identify the heavens. 

Any way, the forums seem a great place with plenty of helpful members and information, I hope I can in time, help contribute - thank you :) 

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've already upgraded the telescope. Oh dear!

I have managed to secure a 200mm Helion reflector with 10mm and 25mm Plossl eyepieces. It's a beast compared to the 102mm. The Moon and Jupiter are even more amazing. Light pollution in the back garden is bad - I back onto a supermarket :( so until really late, viewing isn't great.

Hi and welcome Steve. Glad you have fond us and joined.

I see you are plagued by light pollution. You are not he only one I have eleven lights around my property, not all visible at the same position but a pain.

Derek

Archived