SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hello from the BIOT

chartram

Hello,

My name is Mike Chartrand.  I currently hang my hat in Diego Garcia located 7° south of the equator... about dead-center of the Indian Ocean in the British Indian Ocean Territory (BIOT).  I have been doing astronomy/imaging since December of 2012.  Some of you may know me from other forums.  Since I can't do a signature until 10 posts, here is the crux of my toys:

- Orion ED80, Nexstar 5SE and 8" Edge HD scopes

- SBIG STF-8300C & ASI 120MC imagers

- Lodestar X2 and SSAG guide cameras

- 50mm guide scope & OAG

- AVX Mount with StarSense

- A nice compliment of EP's, filters and other stuff to make life less complicated lol

- Nebulosity for capture and PixInsight for pre/post processing

Here are a couple of my recent images:

M7, Ptolemy's Cluster

20306954519_557efd7631_b_d.jpg

...and my personal all-time favorite DSO- The Eta Carina Nebula in HaRGB (annotated)

20467926058_ae291ee3bf_b_d.jpg

Looking forward to getting to 'know' everyone here, learning as much as possible and helping out wherever my limited knowledge allows.  This forum has given me many a great idea thanks to Google searches- Hope to return the favor here & there :-)

Cheers!

Mike

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Mike,

It is certainly an enviable location you have!  Amazing images.

I didn't know too much about your part of the world before.  Steering well clear of the politics, the BIOT certainly has an interesting history!

Archived