NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Sweden!

MartinFransson

Hi everyone!

I´ve been lurking this forum for a while. I am a member on a few other forums as well but what made me register here is the massive experience and skill among the astro photographers on SGL.

A bit about me. I´m from the southern part of Sweden and started my astro photography in the fall of 2013. I´ve been doing nature photography for about 20 years so I´m used to the camera and some image processing but the astro bit proved to be something all new! :shocked:

Why astro photography? Well, it was a clear winter night and I thought I´d try to catch the Milky Way. In my photo I saw a bigger fuzzy blob in the upper corner. Started googling and found out I´d caught the Andromeda Galaxy. And then I was hooked! :smiley:  Bought an AstroTrac right away since I wanted something portable but about a year later I was tired of it´s limitations and got myself an HEQ5 with an Orion MMAG guide kit.

I bought a Canon 1100D and had it astro modified. I also use my Canon 5D mkII (not modded). I don´t have a telescope yet so I mainly use my Canon EF 300/4L IS tele lens, sometimes with an 1.4x extender, making it 420mm f/5.6.

I am also heavily into astroscapes/nightscapes.

Well, that´s about it I guess. Will post a few images soon.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome! I might make a topic with a lot of images in it, so I don´t spam the forum with too many threads at once :smiley:

Tack Erquy! I´m not in Skåne (not that far south) but I think it still qualifies as southern Sweden (close to Jönköping).

Archived