NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi all, noob with a scope !

Shaddex

Hi all,

I had a "Cheap" scope about 5 years ago that gets taken out once in a while, and after looking at Jupiter + Moons over the weekend ive decided to upgrade to a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ-MD, so that I may actually see detail rather than blubs of white light.

Hopefully I can get my webcam attached and then get some astrophotography done with my daughter (11) who LOVES looking at the night sky.

Based in Biddulph North Staffs btw :D

Look forward to clear skies and hot thermos's

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

What a good way to spend quality time with your daughter ... mine is only 5 but already looking through the scope and spends a lot of time in Stellarium ;) If you do not have this installed yet, get it for free. It is a great way to keep learning on cloudy nights :)

Clear skies

Hello and welcome from another newbie - My daughter is only 7 and she is always asking for me to get the scope out, but i work away a lot and in yorkshire we dont get many clear skies. We live on top opf a hill so when the sky is clear we get some amazing views.

As yourself I'm wanting to get my scope hooked up to video, i have the gear, yet again its time and learning the capture aspects.

Enjoy your stay and love the hobby

Gary

Archived