Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL 10 Chatter :)

NickK

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my first 'media' from SGLX - a timelapse set up for the sunset / Orion passage during the hog roast!

It's the first time I've tried day into night, and although I got the transition wrong (you can see the jump), I managed to get a lot of it right!

SGLX Timelapse

Got back on Monday and have been ill in bed since. Too many late nights, cold temperatures and fried breakfasts!!!!!. Getting better now though. Many thanks to Grant and Daz et al for organising, Mark at Beaufort for the eclipse event, Peter (Psycobilly) for helping me pack up the tent, and my neighbors Dr JuJu for helping fix my GPUSB ST4 guiding unit and Tich for being as daft as a brush.  :smiley:  

Here are my efforts on the Needle Galaxy 12 x 15 min subs taken on Sunday night/Monday morning, I have posted a cropped version as well.

post-2076-0-75216800-1427450677_thumb.jp

post-2076-0-35427000-1427450747_thumb.jp

Thought you might like a few without scopes...

D3H_5114%201024_zpsuanpiwyp.jpg

D3H_5121%201024_zpsrmqagwny.jpg

D3H_5122%201024_zpsiqwfmntg.jpg

D3H_5123%201024_zpskeliei7f.jpg

Nice set of calming images Michael.

There's a  always a serene tranquility about Country life. Even in Winters Wake, the solitude wraps around you somehow.

Hope you're feeling better matey.

Ron.

Thanks Ron.

It was disappointing that due to illness I had to leave early on Friday, but at least I saw the eclipse. I also had a look through a Coronado on the Thursday which made me want one...

Finally gotten round to uploading my eclipse images, only caught it from just past halfway becuase of the cloud (had to drop a few subs too):

120 frames animated using PIPP (thanks to Peter for the heads-up on that bit of software).

Finally gotten round to uploading my eclipse images, only caught it from just past halfway becuase of the cloud (had to drop a few subs too):

120 frames animated using PIPP (thanks to Peter for the heads-up on that bit of software).

Imagine Pacman shouting Nooooooo in slow motion....Well I can see it!

This is my latest image taken at SGL10 . The Cone and the Fox Fur nebulae. It is 8 x 15 min exposures. I was not sure if I would get much from this target as it was at an elevation of about 40 degrees above the horizon when I started and ended up at 25 degrees, where the atmosphere was getting very murky. So I got 2 hours on it before it got too low, I then went on to the needle galaxy which I posted the other day.

post-2076-0-83243200-1427550002_thumb.jp

Archived