Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Manchester

Naaaysmith

Hello!

I'm new to astronomy and my equipment so far includes a Philip's Planisphere and a damaged pair of binoculars handed down to me from my father. My favourite night sky object at the moment is the Pleiades.

I've ordered a pair of Celestron 10x50 Upclose G2 Porro Binoculars for 27 pounds and I would like to visit the Astronomy Centre at Bacup between the 20th and 26th October for some proper dark skies.

Alex

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alex ;) Welcome to the Lounge

You've found a great place for any questions you may have, there are a lot of Binocular users,with loads of experience,whom I'm quite sure would be willing to help.

You may want to consider a bit of reading, 'backyard astronomers guide' or 'Turn left at Orion ' and there are some good books for Binocular users, which I'm sure someone will point you in the direction of.

Main thing is to enjoy this Fantastic pastime

Hello!

I'm new to astronomy and my equipment so far includes a Philip's Planisphere and a damaged pair of binoculars handed down to me from my father. My favourite night sky object at the moment is the Pleiades.

I've ordered a pair of Celestron 10x50 Upclose G2 Porro Binoculars for 27 pounds and I would like to visit the Astronomy Centre at Bacup between the 20th and 26th October for some proper dark skies.

Alex

Hi Alex

You are more than welcome to visit us at the Astronomy Centre, Saturday is our open night from 7.30 pm onwards. Do have a look at our web site for more information.

Do wrap up well and cross your fingers for a clear night.

Bring both binos and we can check them out for you and hopefully let you play with some of our toys.

Hi Alex and welcome to SGL. +1 for the Astronomy Centre - the guys up there will give you a warm welcome. You would also be welcome to come along to Heaton Park Astronomy Group, every Thursday evening through the winter www.hpag.co.uk, or your local society would be well worth a visit to pick some brains - Manchester, Salford, Bolton, West Didsbury, Altrincham, Macclesfield depending on where you are around Manchester. Visiting a society on a clear night is a good way of trying out a wide range of gear before you buy anything.

Pete

Archived