Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Sweden

Willisamus

Says a 27 year old lousy student who's always been into space, sci-fi, in both film and litterature (Any Philik K [removed word] fans around?), as well as astronomy of course. So I am pleased to have found this forum, which seems to hold a lot of information!

I'm yet without gear however, I've only just aquired my first DSLR 2 weeks ago. So I have still ways to go, thinking I might just start with some binos this year and learn the sky. Oh and I'm looking for anyone who's got astrophotography experience with the sony NEX camera (I am using the latest, a6000).

Best regards,

Will

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Will,  new here myself but plenty of knowledgeable people around on the forum so I'm sure some one will be along to help in due course. The specific camera question will probably get better exposure (no pun intended) on the imaging part of the forum.   Welcome to SGL.

Andrew

Welcome to the forum Will, I've started imaging the Cosmos almost 2 yrs. ago and it's quite fun and satisfying. The learning curve of using a goto mount, processing is a part that takes time to learn. I use a T510NG digital telescope camera, that I can use with my refractor as well as my reflector. I've tried to do Afocal thru an ep and I'm not good at it, so my result was a camera that just fit in the focuser. Help is on the forum to get you thru to the finishline.

Hi Will,

:hello:

welcome to the lounge!

I'm a big fan of science fiction myself, including Philip K Forbidden Word. Clarke and Asimov are my favourites. I hope that one day, someone will film "Rendezvous with Rama" for the cinema.That should be the best SF film of all time.

Hi welcome to SGL from Pete in Bedfordshire :smiley: i done read much fiction, but read the obvious "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" just because i loved Bladerunner so much! excellent read can not believe Ridley Scott left out, mood organs, Mercerism, but pleased about the final showdown with Roy Batty!

Hi Will,

:hello:

welcome to the lounge!

I'm a big fan of science fiction myself, including Philip K Forbidden Word. Clarke and Asimov are my favourites. I hope that one day, someone will film "Rendezvous with Rama" for the cinema.That should be the best SF film of all time.

Very much looking forward to reading "Rendezvous with Rama". Hopefully some more of Philip K Forbidden Word's work will be filmed. I suggest if you're interested in him as a person, to pick up his autobiographical book "the exegesis".  

Hi welcome to SGL from Pete in Bedfordshire :smiley: i done read much fiction, but read the obvious "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" just because i loved Bladerunner so much! excellent read can not believe Ridley Scott left out, mood organs, Mercerism, but pleased about the final showdown with Roy Batty!

Yes indeed! Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies :) Blew me away first watch! Great atmosphere and the ending with Roy Batty is perfect.

Best book ever.

Var bor du? I närheten av Stockholm/Uppsala får du haka på och träffa oss i UAA.

Jag kommer från Stockholm men har flyttat upp till Östersund. Är nere ibland till och från dock!

Vilket vackert föreningsobservatorium ni har! Det är ett sånt jag vill ha här i trädgården :) 

Det vore häftigt, jag hade glömt bort astronomiföreningar. Jag ska se över mina möjligheter, ska ner i Oktober. En tisdagsvisning skulle nog vara fullt möjligt, om inte annat.

Archived