London Calling

Captain Harlock

Hello to all !

After reading this forum for the past couple of weeks, I finally took the plunge and got myself a telescope, to fulfil an old kid's dream.

Based on all the information I have been able to gather, I took the safe route and went for what seemed to the most popular "Jack of all trades" within my budget, a Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian.

Even though this is my first post in here, I wanted to say a big thank you to all the contributors of Stargazers Lounge, as your knowledge and enthusiasm has been invaluable.

On a more personal note, I am a nearly 40 year old French import based in Muswell Hill, London, hoping to finally get into this fascinating hobby.

Cheers,

Hugo.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard Captain! You might want to pop along to an astro meeting. I am a member of the Baker Street Irregular Astronomers. We hold a monthly meeting in Regents Park. Look for their group on Facebook or their website . Baker Street Asto... :)

Hello to all !

After reading this forum for the past couple of weeks, I finally took the plunge and got myself a telescope, to fulfil an old kid's dream.

Based on all the information I have been able to gather, I took the safe route and went for what seemed to the most popular "Jack of all trades" within my budget, a Skywatcher 200p Dobsonian.

Even though this is my first post in here, I wanted to say a big thank you to all the contributors of Stargazers Lounge, as your knowledge and enthusiasm has been invaluable.

On a more personal note, I am a nearly 40 year old French import based in Muswell Hill, London, hoping to finally get into this fascinating hobby.

Cheers,

Hugo.

Hi Hugo

Edgware stargazer here,welcome to SGL

Regards Dave

Archived