Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Tampa

Vanilla

I'm starting to assemble my first decent telescope. The one I had, (from Ebay),   would show the moon's craters if you could somehow  get 50 miles above the surface  of our satellite.  :)

Anyway, bought a ZEQ25 and a celestron 8" cat and a 120MM Orion refractor plus 6 quality eyepieces plus a Nikon D5300. My wife left me but it was worth it. (I'm kidding)

Hope to learn much for you good people and thanks for having me.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

welcome to SGL

don't worry plenty of time for the wife to leave yet, once you start you can't stop, I hope you have deep pocket's (and an understanding wife)

can't comment on your equipment apart from the fact you got a DSLR you want to do astro photography, hope you have really deep pockets LOL

hope you get some clear skies

Tampa is lovely, from the tourists' eyes anyway. I went there to visit my uncle, and we also went to Orlando. Apparently the sky is clear there often, it was throughout my visit a few years ago. I am new here myself.

Hi and a warm welcome to SGL from me.  

Regarding the wife. The first thing you should know is that on SGL we have a floating exchange rate for the 'Wife currency' as opposed to 'real World currency'.  It can fluctuate considerably depending on what kit you are buying and how easy going she is as to how much you are actually spending.  :grin: Thought you might appreciate the heads up.

Just kidding really as I've read quite a few amusing threads on here on this very subject.

Happy Stargazing and enjoy your Astro journey.

Hi and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and came on board. We're a friendly bunch and one or two folks actually know what they are talking about  :grin:

Thankfully my husband currency appears to be at an all time high at the moment :grin:

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived