Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone 'gazing tonight?

estwing

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not tonight I'm afraid, too much decorating to do and I'm not brave enough to confront a heavily pregnant Mrs Maksutov!!

Dob base has arrived at home so hopefully I'll get out with the newt next week, forecast looks very good.

Have a great session, hope the skies play ball.

Stu

im on nights :(

As a fellow shift worker, I feel for ya ! Tuesday was my 1st session this year - Id been on nights for every clear sky weve had so far ! Looking good for next week so hopefully more chances soon

since buying the dob and going back to visual ive found ive been more motivated to get out as and when i can and had some super good nights so far this year . finally found a scope im happy with......till that 18" gets launched :D

Indeed, had some new bins arrive today which I've been waiting for since Christmas, looking forward to it. and my Mak is setup on the tripod as well so I can put that outside and spend a bit more time with the moon and my new NLV eyepiece.

Hoping the clouds here disappear as forecast in the next hour.

LOL Daniel - I'm waiting for the 20". No point in me going up a measly 2 inches...

Depends on what your after really. If you just want to top out aperture wise 18" is a superb size. If you want a sizeable jump from a 16" you're looking mid twenties IMHO. ;)

Depends on what your after really. If you just want to top out aperture wise 18" is a superb size. If you want a sizeable jump from a 16" you're looking mid twenties IMHO. ;)

Thought my 12" was big enough to handle - Its just a baby.

Hummmmm...

Ade

just set the telrad and finder up....collimated..barely moved it!, quick look at the moon with the 40mm meade plossl ,that framed it just nice so chucked in the 21E incredible detail along the terminator...shall keep away when it goes dark!

Ive had the 8" out for an hour now, doing test shots on a new camera of the moon, and been looking at Jupiter.

Its extremely steady! Ive just pushed it to a 17mm with a x2.5 powermate on it (8" f/6). The seeing has held it steady nicely.

bet everythings going to be wet wet wet later.

Enjoy folks

Looking good for the next week.tuesday especially in s Wales is looking stunning.make the most of it folks the weather guys are forecasting a return to the vile wet weather we've been having for the second half of March. Enjoy.

Archived