Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Anyone 'gazing tonight?

estwing

Definitely staying out here, I managed to get some nice views of the daytime Moon and stars :smiley:  I didn't realise just how many stars you can see in the early evening until I read a post here last month :laugh:

Its fairly mild also

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite hazy here with clouds not making up their mind,  threatening more cloud on the forecast later. Tomorrow looks very good on the weather forecast. May get an early night and long sleep and venture out somewhere dark for the very late sat or more like early sunday when the moon has packed it in. 

I've also decided not to bother tonight. By the time I get set up for imaging I'll be clouded out looking at Sat24.

I'll get some good sleep in as tomorrow's looking the better option.

Hope you all have a good one.

Been out since just before dark, the moon looked amazing but is disappearing behind my roof so swung over to Jupiter which also looks good.

Just popped in to make the wife a cuppa (she's hasn't been well the last few weeks, so have to spoil her) but will be straight back out.

Looking good for the for the rest of the night.

Hope you all have a good night.

There's a lot of thin high stuff coming over, enough to make the seeing a bit yeurch.

Not giving up yet, but Jupiter doesn't look too clear.

May buy a planetary 'scope in the near future.

Using the obsy in anger for the first time tonight, warm room is a real luxury, I'm well chilled and so is my beer, it is out there with the scope!

If you are thinking of building an obsy stop thinking and DO IT!

Been loads of high cloud here, and the seeing hasn't got any better so I've knocked it on the head for tonight. Brought the 'scopes and power in but left the mount under a Telegizmo cover.

Just come in myself,packed up cos I got work soon :-) mainly viewed the moon,tried out a 5mm bst and celestron Ultima 2x barlow 480x just for curiosity and ...wow was very surprised of the view I got :-) (be trying THAT combo again.

Clear skies to you all :-)

I had really hoped to do some tonight, but by time i got home and sorted out, the moon and Orion had slipped out of sight behind house and its looking hazy, starting to regret this move to yukky queensbury..............with luck i may get some solar in over weekend

Hi all,

I was walking home at 8o'clock and the sky was clear. Got home and put my scopes in the back porch as it's cool there. Went and had a cup of tea. I opened the back door and guess what? Yes I was greeted by a cloudy sky. I think i'm doomed with my new scope as i can't seem to get a night to try the polar alignment. I'll try later on but the forcast is for rain. God loves a tryer and this weather is very trying.

Pauline

Archived