Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi!

nebulanebula

Hi! 

I am a relatively new star gazer - got my first telescope as a Christmas present after years of just admiring the stars with the naked eye! 

Hoping to be able to get some advice and hints and tips off people from here - and as I get more experienced help those other newbies who join :) 

Looking forward to speaking to some of you soon! 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, Nebulanebula, and a warm welcome to SGL! If you haven't done already I can recommend downloading the free planetarium programme 'Stellarium'. This is used by many on here to not only find objects in the night sky, but also to plan a viewing session. The software is customisable (location, light pollution levels etc) but also to individual scopes and eye pieces  - giving you an idea of what you should be able to see through the eyepiece. Downloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps,

Martin

Hi and welcome to SGL - You've come to the right place that's for sure, so enjoy your time browsing the forum, asking questions and soaking up all that SGL has to offer!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived